UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2014 Lacrosse schedule

I don't know. They both handily beat the points record and each tied a record, lyle for assists and miles for goals. Just an unbelievable season by both players and I think it was balanced and well deserved that they both won. So proud and happy for both them and the lax program!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a major moment for this program and the department. You have now shown to future players, in any sport, that you can be recognized nationally for your abilities on and off the field by attending this school. The fact is the Thompson's have helped to raise the profile of the school in ways no one ever has.

I dare say it...there impact to me is even greater than Jamar Wilson.

Side note...both these kids deserve to have #'s retired at John Fallon. I know it's not common, but it needs to happen.

I really think Lyle deserved it on his own, but it's only fitting they both take it together. Very historic night for UAlbany, UAlbany Athletics and Native American history.

Actually, I think the committee made the perfect call.

Glad to have Miles coming back and still being around the program.

Congrats to both of them and to their family. Genuine human beings.

This is by far the biggest sports moment for the school. Bigger than Jamar by a lot, with all due respect. Jamar and the B-Ball team never had anything close to the press outpouring on this. NPR, CBS, ABC, ESPN all did pretty big stories on the Thompsons, so whoever handled PR for the athletic department should get a raise, ..a HUGE raise. They did an amazing amazing job getting the word out.

Curious to see what attendance will be at the UA games next year. I'm sure they'll be on ESPNU more than just once.

This is by far the biggest sports moment for the school. Bigger than Jamar by a lot, with all due respect. Jamar and the B-Ball team never had anything close to the press outpouring on this. NPR, CBS, ABC, ESPN all did pretty big stories on the Thompsons, so whoever handled PR for the athletic department should get a raise, ..a HUGE raise. They did an amazing amazing job getting the word out.

Curious to see what attendance will be at the UA games next year. I'm sure they'll be on ESPNU more than just once.

Agreed

Agreed

Agreed, to a point. Arguably, Jamar, and the entire squad of the first NCAA tourney team, broke the ice for DI sports for our school on a national scale. They were the group that put their foot through the proverbial door with the big boys.

Fast forward, the Thompson trio, and the unsung kids on this lax team, have elevated us to a completely new public awareness level. And Miles and Lyle have achieve by far the BIGGEST individual achievement award our school has seen to-date.