UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Fun game to watch, even in a freezing drizzle.

I think I have grown to prefer the 330PM winter start. I enjoy the different game conditions, and being outside for the sunset is always nice.

I see Sakowski won the CAA defensive player of the week award.

His strip of the ball and subsequent recovery was a stellar play.

I don't remember the first interception but I remember that the second one came at the end of the game on a "hail mary", and I remember thinking at the time that it didn't balance out his performance on the last defensive set where he let his receiver get open by 15 yards, to easily score on an 80 yard reception.

I watched the sideline for a good five minutes after that defensive breakdown, and at one point the defensive coordinator handed Sakowski a headset so the coaches in the tower could explain what went wrong. It was only one (horribly) blown assignment, and he did have an otherwise productive game; I just found it slightly ironic that the defensive player of the week could look so bad on one play.

• 5 months later...

I've heard no talk (or plans) like this from Mark Benson or President Jones...

So does that mean

1) We have no such aspirations

2) We too have aspirations but are quietly working

3) We have aspirations but can't raise that money so it's just aspirations nothing more

I like the last paragraph in the article, " we want to go to the postseason in five sports a year". Think they a little jealous of the SUNY school up the thruway that does that every year!

Actually we went to six this year (field hockey, M-W BB, M-W Lax, W Golf)

I've heard no talk (or plans) like this from Mark Benson or President Jones...

So does that mean

1) We have no such aspirations

2) We too have aspirations but are quietly working

3) We have aspirations but can't raise that money so it's just aspirations nothing more

Since we still haven't sold naming rights to BoFo for what we want, I'll pick #3

And a 4000 seat island federal credit union is not "what big time athletics is about".

Agreed, just a silly quote

I remember all the hemming and hawing when we didn't know if we did the right thing by not following them to the Big South...I'm past the point of watching them in envy. We do our thing...good luck with your plans.

Let's keep the focus on getting/renovating SEFCU to the tune of 5k seats state of the art facility. We've done wonders with what we have...lets keep our nose to the grindstone and do our thing.

Best of luck to them...

DF and Click-- exactly!

Good luck finding $100 million to fund this (surely won't happen under Cuomo), and good luck going to the MAC. The Power 5 are quickly distancing themselves. All SBU can do is plan to go the 2nd tier with this upgrade. That said, I think the entirety of the CAA will end up in the second tier with the exception of possibly URI, however I have seen recent plans to upgrade the home side of MEADE Stadium, dramatically.

As I posted on the AE board, I am a little surprised they are focusing on the indoor facility first because it seems to be a football (and likely lacrosse) only facility, i.e. it doesn't have a track). With average temps of nearly 55 degrees during football season...not sure they need this, and even in the spring as well. Stony Brook doesn't get horrible weather. Personally, I'd spend the $16 million in private funding on Stadium upgrades.

The one positive of the release: we get to see what 20k seats looks like. I am sure our place would look substantially similar, and it is akin to the BBVA Compass Stadium look that I always believe would be the end result if we got to 24-27k seats.

Edited by Dane96