UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ LCC 12/13 ( not the day whiny patsos wanted)

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen to Patsos lying on Wyland today. It's not really a home game for them, $ fans moved so our fans sit court side. Oh and we only had 750 for Holy Cross. He'd have a heart attack if he had to climb to our seats

Laughable. It's a home game no matter what. Those are their rims, they are use to the depth perception of the arena and all other factors inside that our players are not used to playing 15-16 times a year. What a fool.

Listen to Patsos lying on Wyland today. It's not really a home game for them, $ fans moved so our fans sit court side. Oh and we only had 750 for Holy Cross. He'd have a heart attack if he had to climb to our seats

LOL...that dope is a complete blowhard. Love to see him sit there two years in a row explaining that a low-major (his words not mine) is still rebuilding. They are on year 6 of this mythical rebuild.

Edited by Clickclack

Sounds like that clown doesn't want to play anymore. Can't say I blame him . If he loses next year in his super bowl to go 0-3, he probably wouldn't get a 4th super bowl :)

Also If he doesn't think the Knick is a true home game, than a game at Sefcu shouldn't be a true road game for him and should not be a problem :)

I know some of you think otherwise, but the idea of alternating the designated “home team” at the TUC is a much less attractive option. It will never feel like a home game. At best, it will be a neutral game. Even if we had the courtside seats, the majority of the fans would still route for Siena. Also, Siena season ticket holders are strongly opposed to this concept, and do not want to be relegated to visitors seats on Siena’s home court. This creates an additional negotiating obstacle A few other points:

UA has earned the right to have a home. It’s really a question of competitive fairness. As noted, Providence agrees to play at URI every other year even though thousands are closed out when the game is played at URI. Villanova plays in St. Joe’s small gym every other year. Same principals of fairness should apply to Siena-UA going forward.

Dumping the game is the easy way out and I hope it doesn't happen. Most people/fans of both teams look forward to the game. It’s certainly better than the usual non-conference games against Ivy, Patriot, MAAC/AE type teams that fill a big chunk of the non-conference home game slate for both Siena and UA. Siena might be able to get a high profile team to come to the TUC once every few years, but that would be the exception to the usual boring non-conference opponent. Even more true for us at SEFCU.

Playing at SEFCU every other year would add some juice to the rivalry. I’d bet that at least 500 Siena fans would find a way to see a Siena UA game live at SEFCU through team/player allotments or otherwise. (Vermont always brings a few hundred fans which adds to the atmosphere). The rest can watch on TV and look forward to a home game at the TUC the following year.

The only way a home and home (TUC/SEFCU) deal hurts Siena is they have to play a true road game against a local rival. If that’s the reason why D’Argenio doesn’t want to play at SEFCU, then there is no room for compromise and the series will likely end. The ball is in his court and I agree with WB on this.

I know some of you think otherwise, but the idea of alternating the designated “home team” at the TUC is a much less attractive option. It will never feel like a home game. At best, it will be a neutral game. Even if we had the courtside seats, the majority of the fans would still route for Siena. Also, Siena season ticket holders are strongly opposed to this concept, and do not want to be relegated to visitors seats on Siena’s home court. This creates an additional negotiating obstacle A few other points:

UA has earned the right to have a home. It’s really a question of competitive fairness. As noted, Providence agrees to play at URI every other year even though thousands are closed out when the game is played at URI. Villanova plays in St. Joe’s small gym every other year. Same principals of fairness should apply to Siena-UA going forward.

Dumping the game is the easy way out and I hope it doesn't happen. Most people/fans of both teams look forward to the game. It’s certainly better than the usual non-conference games against Ivy, Patriot, MAAC/AE type teams that fill a big chunk of the non-conference home game slate for both Siena and UA. Siena might be able to get a high profile team to come to the TUC once every few years, but that would be the exception to the usual boring non-conference opponent. Even more true for us at SEFCU.

Playing at SEFCU every other year would add some juice to the rivalry. I’d bet that at least 500 Siena fans would find a way to see a Siena UA game live at SEFCU through team/player allotments or otherwise. (Vermont always brings a few hundred fans which adds to the atmosphere). The rest can watch on TV and look forward to a home game at the TUC the following year.

The only way a home and home (TUC/SEFCU) deal hurts Siena is they have to play a true road game against a local rival. If that’s the reason why D’Argenio doesn’t want to play at SEFCU, then there is no room for compromise and the series will likely end. The ball is in his court and I agree with WB on this.

I mostly agree with you.

Just want to say the part I put in bold is a non issue.

LCC already has 10 or so OOC games. Plenty of room to get a high profile team every few years IF they could :)

Edited by bob87

A quick note about the "convivial" hosting of the band. :glare:

For the women's game, the Siena folks never allowed the band to play during the 2nd half of the women's game. It is customary for a back & forth mode to be in place when there is a visiting band present.... certainly there is a script made that includes the cheer & dance teams and the bands. This script was thrown out the window with regard to the playing times for the UAlbany Pep Band.

The band played once in the last 4 minutes of the Lady Danes game and that was after one of the on-court promotions... and was done unilaterally by the UAlbany band. Same thing happened during the men's game last year.

We are simply a guest of Siena. So it underscores the construct of the game "for the community". Presently, it is played on Siena's court, with Siena's regular seating, with the MAC's referees, and at the pleasure of the Siena producers.

I was pleased to see that the security detail was diminished this year in the UAlbany section. For the 1st 8 years or so, there customarily were 5 - 8 security personnel assigned to manage the UAlbany student section and never more than 3 - 5 to manage "gang green" at the opposite end.

This series was never constructed to be anything but a chance for Siena to play a home game - with all its perks.

The new team on the block had to buy into that back then. We are not that new team on the block any more.

Maybe after the current agreement lapses, we can invite the underperforming local cousin to have a chance to play the superior program in their arena - as a chance to improve their exposure ... as they once did for us. ;)

Yeah, that Columbia thing was WEIRD. That was such an awkward halftime show lol.

What was it?

They had this DUMB awkward/weird dance/poem thing at midfield...some sort of story or something. During this 'thing' they were doing, they also mentioned that "we all know what the real capital of NY is" or something along those lines...to which I and many other fans roundly boo'ed them.

And then they were heckling our players/school with not-so-witty jokes (clickclack might remember some of them lol)...it was just a poor showing by them. They were getting SMOKED lol. I understand heckling if you're winning...but they weren't even in the same stadium as us. They might as well have just stayed on the bus.