UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Asses In The Seats?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn...I made a comment earlier about how they should add video boards ala SB and they get installed today. I think Benson really is monitoring this board LOL

We've had them before...
Same spot as last year?

I don't think Benson has the time to visit this board lol. I'd at least hope he doesn't. Should always be on the grind.

Edited by MsGDG

Damn...I made a comment earlier about how they should add video boards ala SB and they get installed today. I think Benson really is monitoring this board LOL

We've had them before...
Same spot as last year?

I don't think Benson has the time to visit this board lol. I'd at least hope he doesn't. Should always be on the grind.

Sorry, but I disagree. Benson or someone high up on his staff, absolutely should be monitoring this blog. Sure, a lot of nonsense goes on, and many of us (myself included) are blind to the intricacies of athletic administration; but a lot of good ideas are brainstormed and thrown around. If his job is to build community interest and to raise money, what better place to start than BPF?? I am not saying he should implement a single thing suggested here {but actually he really should}; but to not be aware and to not listen, he would NOT be doing his job.

Without this blog, UA would still be waiting for a new football stadium.

Edited by dslyank

We've had them before...
Same spot as last year?

Sorry, but I disagree. Benson or someone high up on his staff, absolutely should be monitoring this blog. Sure, a lot of nonsense goes on, and many of us (myself included) are blind to the intricacies of athletic administration; but a lot of good ideas are brainstormed and thrown around. If his job is to build community interest and to raise money, what better place to start than BPF?? I am not saying he should implement a single thing suggested here {but actually he really should}; but to not be aware and to not listen, he would NOT be doing his job.

Without this blog, UA would still be waiting for a new football stadium.

I think not, not that hyperbole is banned on the board.

http://www.ualbanysports.com/StaffDirectory.dbml

Out of all the employee in UA athletics, someone must have 20 minutes to scan the forum

and report any interesting ideas to the head honcho. I bet there are plenty of individuals that have a little extra time to fill.

They do...don't for a freaking minute think they don't. They know EXACTLY what goes on here. Not saying Benson sits on here all day but they have staff monitoring the TU stories about UA, this blog I'm sure and other (real) media outlets.

Edited by Clickclack

We already know this board is read by those within Athletics and the university in general. But we also shouldn't be so naive as to think that what's said on this board does..or even should..dictate what happens with athletics. No one needs this board to know that we needed a new football stadium..or a new scoreboard..or more chair backs.

I think we should also realize that while many of us are active and engaged fans..at least verbally/electronically..how many regular posters are on here? Two or three dozen? Our voices represent a very small and focused voice..that can be both good and bad.

We already know this board is read by those within Athletics and the university in general. But we also shouldn't be so naive as to think that what's said on this board does..or even should..dictate what happens with athletics. No one needs this board to know that we needed a new football stadium..or a new scoreboard..or more chair backs.

I think we should also realize that while many of us are active and engaged fans..at least verbally/electronically..how many regular posters are on here? Two or three dozen? Our voices represent a very small and focused voice..that can be both good and bad.

Agreed...I would hope if we ever do come up with something absolutely out of this world and they see it, they'll go hmmm...not bad.

But yeah, we don't dictate crap on here...if we did...Brown would have been fired based on how many times I've lit myself on fire here.

Edited by Clickclack

http://www.ualbanysports.com/StaffDirectory.dbml

Out of all the employee in UA athletics, someone must have 20 minutes to scan the forum

and report any interesting ideas to the head honcho. I bet there are plenty of individuals that have a little extra time to fill.

They do...don't for a freaking minute think they don't. They know EXACTLY what goes on here. Not saying Benson sits on here all day but they have staff monitoring the TU stories about UA, this blog I'm sure and other (real) media outlets.

You getting all excited clack?

With all of the employees, it would be a mistake if they haven't been. Leadership in any arena can get ideas and motivation from a gazillion different sources, and in UA's case, a board of devoted UA athletics fanatics. We've had some great brainstorming here.