UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2015 America East Tournament

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next year will be like this again. After that they will reevaluate

Put "reevaluate" in air-quotes. I think the decision has already been made, unless something goes horribly wrong executing the playoffs.

Amy Huchthausen has already noticed the positive reaction from fans throughout the league. She said that fans at the University of Vermont came up to her at their Senior Night game against New Hampshire to express their enthusiasm for the new format.

“We’ll have to do an evaluation with our coaches and our athletics directors, hopefully this spring,” Huchthausen said. “Certainly all, at least anecdotal evidence, points in the direction that both coaches, administrators, fans and even the student-athletes all really seem to like the new format.”

The administrators will meet in June to evaluate the success of their first playoff run and will keep a close eye on how this format performs.

“Fan attendance and engagement is absolutely a critical factor in our assessment,” Huchthausen said. “But then just feedback from the coaches, in terms of some of the logistics, things that will be different this time around. Our staff is seriously planning for events at four different sites

“I would be really surprised if there’s not continued support beyond our initial two-year commitment,” Huchthausen said

http://www.nycbuckets.com/2015/03/eye-towards-the-present-future-as-first-america-east-playoffs-begin/

Hopefully Commish Amy and programs like Albany, Vermont and Stony Brook will feel the same way if programs like UMBC and Maine start winning.......and hosting.

Any word on ticket sales for the game? Is there going to be a good crowd?

According to UA's facebook post, they released an additional 500 tickets to students (free) due to high demand.

UA releasing 500 more student tickets! Does this mean the first 1000 are all gone??? That is some awesome news if true!

https://twitter.com/UAlbanySports/status/573153471823814657

EDIT: Dangit, you posted the same time I did lol.

Yes, awesome news. When students are into the game, the place is CRAZY loud.

Edited by Ilko

Any word on ticket sales for the game? Is there going to be a good crowd?

According to UA's facebook post, they released an additional 500 tickets to students (free) due to high demand.

UA releasing 500 more student tickets! Does this mean the first 1000 are all gone??? That is some awesome news if true!

https://twitter.com/UAlbanySports/status/573153471823814657

EDIT: Dangit, you posted the same time I did lol.

Yes, awesome news. When students are into the game, the place is CRAZY loud.

Hahaha should be nice.

Seems to me that people fall into two categories...

- Those that watch ALL games - For these folks this is a terrible deal as the games are no longer at one sites allowing for game after game after game watching. Judging from the attendance of all sessions I have to believe this is a minority.

- Those fans that only go to watch the home team play and/or don't travel to away sites - This is an awesome deal, a chance to watch your team at home at least one more game if they earned it.

Personally I fall into category 2 so I like this deal....however, I understand category 1 as to why it sucks.

You forgot category 3, ME, IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!!! :) Non-locals who can't make it to home games for their team during the week or late on Sundays who are totally and royally screwed in the .......

Next year will be like this again. After that they will reevaluate

Put "reevaluate" in air-quotes. I think the decision has already been made, unless something goes horribly wrong executing the playoffs.

Amy Huchthausen has already noticed the positive reaction from fans throughout the league. She said that fans at the University of Vermont came up to her at their Senior Night game against New Hampshire to express their enthusiasm for the new format.

“We’ll have to do an evaluation with our coaches and our athletics directors, hopefully this spring,” Huchthausen said. “Certainly all, at least anecdotal evidence, points in the direction that both coaches, administrators, fans and even the student-athletes all really seem to like the new format.”

The administrators will meet in June to evaluate the success of their first playoff run and will keep a close eye on how this format performs.

“Fan attendance and engagement is absolutely a critical factor in our assessment,” Huchthausen said. “But then just feedback from the coaches, in terms of some of the logistics, things that will be different this time around. Our staff is seriously planning for events at four different sites

“I would be really surprised if there’s not continued support beyond our initial two-year commitment,” Huchthausen said

http://www.nycbuckets.com/2015/03/eye-towards-the-present-future-as-first-america-east-playoffs-begin/

Hopefully Commish Amy and programs like Albany, Vermont and Stony Brook will feel the same way if programs like UMBC and Maine start winning.......and hosting.

Well, as long as the UVM fans are happy and thanking her then it means all fans love it! Still pissed.

What was the ticket announcement last night? I was scooting out the back door and couldn't hear it. It doesn't look like you can order online at this point.

I thought you could by login . If any event announcement was box office was open after the game and season ticket holders seats are available for them to purchase until 5 before being released for others. can phone as well