UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: Championship Game vs. SB

I love the last call and it's great to listen to it without the video. "HE HIT IT!!! HE HIT IT!!!!"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hard to listen to it without tearing up a bit - great stuff.

And yes, Mike Rowley is definitely the unsung hero - I was nervous with him at the line but he got it done.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the last call and it's great to listen to it without the video. "HE HIT IT!!! HE HIT IT!!!!"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hard to listen to it without tearing up a bit - great stuff.

And yes, Mike Rowley is definitely the unsung hero - I was nervous with him at the line but he got it done.

So many things needed to go our way the last few minutes, Mikes FT's were giant. HE HIT IT!!! HE HIT IT!!! was incredible to listen to. I must have seen the video's like 100 times over this weekend.

This picture is awesome. The calm look on Peter's face, Coach Gattuso on the right, the announcer on the bottom left rising out of his chair while making the call. I know some of you are in this photo as well. Love it!

CAE5K3fWcAAZHdA.jpg

Amazing.

There is so much awesome content in this thread... Can we please save it for all eternity? Maybe once we are done with it we can save it in a hall of fame section where only the most rare threads go to live on forever.

It could be moved to the "Danes History" subforum.

That's a great idea.

This picture is awesome. The calm look on Peter's face, Coach Gattuso on the right, the announcer on the bottom left rising out of his chair while making the call. I know some of you are in this photo as well. Love it!

CAE5K3fWcAAZHdA.jpg

Amazing.

I also studied that picture for a few minutes yesterday...the singular focus of Hooley really resonated; "fate" and "destiny" have been in my head all week.

Gattuso in his UA sweatshirt is icing on the cake!

CAE5K3fWcAAZHdA.jpg

Amazing.

I also studied that picture for a few minutes yesterday...the singular focus of Hooley really resonated; "fate" and "destiny" have been in my head all week.

Gattuso in his UA sweatshirt is icing on the cake!

Coach Abe in her orange jacket just to his left. A couple of her players in their gray championship caps behind her.

Bob Picozzi is the excited announcer at the microphone.

One thing I noticed rewatching the end of the game, when evan singeltary fouled out and was on the bench tearing. Amazing how those tears became tears of joy 10 min later.

I made this observation a few pages back if memory serves...he was so upset at the terrible game, no one was happier then him when Peter hit that shot. He was going wild...

One thing I noticed rewatching the end of the game, when evan singeltary fouled out and was on the bench tearing. Amazing how those tears became tears of joy 10 min later.

I made this observation a few pages back if memory serves...he was so upset at the terrible game, no one was happier then him when Peter hit that shot. He was going wild...

i havent even read through this whole thread haha. i headed right back home after the game and figured it would take forever to read through everything lol

Wow! I didn't even know that Singletary had fouled out. How much time was left in the game when that happened? I was aware that SBU had several players in foul trouble and was hoping one or more of them would have to leave before the end of regulation. Things worked out!