UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: vs. UMBC 1/6

What was with the crowd... That was a lot of people there...

At least a couple of buses worth from Lake George to see Wincowski's brief appearance

The attendance was listed as over 3400. Not bad for students not in attendance.

I had posted it before but Zach Bye worked to get a ticket discount for Scotia people and alumns for this game. Many were from that. Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 1

Crowd was pretty electric. I'm hoping the locals that came to see Wincowski vs Cremo and Stire for their first UA experience enjoyed it and come back for more games.

I still can't get over how bad the refs were. At least yelling at the refs was fun. So many missed travel calls (on both sides) weird no calls one second followed by a ticky tacky foul. Still think there should have been a flagrant on Lyles after the Cremo steal. Seeing Singletary get called in a fouls when he wasn't even close to the play. Weird charge calls. Just disgusting. Hopefully we don't see those guys anytime soon.

Fun crowd. That's about the number you need to make it a good atmosphere. Add some students and Sefcu should be rocking later this winter.

UMBC is much improvement. Note to the rest of the AE: Good luck guarding Lyles. When he stops guarding himself so well he could be a terror.

I still can't get over how bad the refs were. At least yelling at the refs was fun. So many missed travel calls (on both sides) weird no calls one second followed by a ticky tacky foul. Still think there should have been a flagrant on Lyles after the Cremo steal. Seeing Singletary get called in a fouls when he wasn't even close to the play. Weird charge calls. Just disgusting. Hopefully we don't see those guys anytime soon.

Yep, I let the refs hear it all night. Not sure where you sit, but if you're anywhere near me we need to team up next time.

As for the game, still hit or miss. We're consistently out rebounding teams this season which is surprising considering we lost Sam and have been without Charles.

Peter had another terrible game.

Cremo had another solid game. Honestly, without that kid we'd be like 8-8 instead of 12-4, IMO. Yes, perhaps a lot of praise for a freshmen, but he's just that good. He's calm and collected, which ironically, is what Peter was his first three years here. Don't know if it's just Sam leaving and Peter thinking he has to score 50 for us to win or what...but Peter needs to get back to having ice in his veins like he did his first three years and like Cremo has now. I remember Peter's first year, that's the first thing that always came to mind...nothing seemed to phase him.

Crowd was pretty electric. I'm hoping the locals that came to see Wincowski vs Cremo and Stire for their first UA experience enjoyed it and come back for more games.

Fun crowd. That's about the number you need to make it a good atmosphere. Add some students and Sefcu should be rocking later this winter.

Funny how different perceptions are. Although attendance was decent I thought the crowd was dead. Maybe it was the pregame beer.

Yep, I let the refs hear it all night. Not sure where you sit, but if you're anywhere near me we need to team up next time.

LOL. If you are who I think you are, I am just a few (maybe 2?) rows behind you a little closer to center court (by a few seats). I don't normally raise my voice and yell at the refs that much, because I sometimes have my 9 or 6 year old with me, but on a school night I normally bring a friend and last night was so bad I couldn't help myself.

Funny how different perceptions are. Although attendance was decent I thought the crowd was dead. Maybe it was the pregame beer.

Could be where you sit? I got to listen to llko singing "One Way" all game to keep it exciting :)

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 1

I honestly think Peters issue this year is he played too much ball.....after the crazy AE tourney and his whirl-wind fame tour and then playing in the NCAA's.....he then played in those world games during the summer....didn't have a break which I think they need..especially him for all that happened in 2015..as for last night it was the Cremo crowd vs the Wink. crowd..last night I was in Row D 550..right behing UMBC bench and in the middle of the Lake Geo. madness..they were begging for Joel to shoot every time he touched the ball..he was clearly tentative out there...liked our balance on O last night....had a distinct adv. inside....UMBC made a ton of 3's that mostly kept them in the game IMO....they are improved yes but their guards too much dribbling running the shot clock down.....win the games we are supposed to win!!! get some rest for VT trip

I honestly think Peters issue this year is he played too much ball.....after the crazy AE tourney and his whirl-wind fame tour and then playing in the NCAA's.....he then played in those world games during the summer....didn't have a break which I think they need..especially him for all that happened in 2015..as for last night it was the Cremo crowd vs the Wink. crowd..last night I was in Row D 550..right behing UMBC bench and in the middle of the Lake Geo. madness..they were begging for Joel to shoot every time he touched the ball..he was clearly tentative out there...liked our balance on O last night....had a distinct adv. inside....UMBC made a ton of 3's that mostly kept them in the game IMO....they are improved yes but their guards too much dribbling running the shot clock down.....win the games we are supposed to win!!! get some rest for VT trip

Their MO was supposed to be running and gunning...they have had a number of recent 80+ games...last night they didn't get to 60. Albany forced their temp on UMBC...that's what good teams do, they force you into what they want to do and beat you. UMBC saw that yesterday...they hit a lot of 3s but can't rebound and have no inside or back to the basket game.

If we can stop the 3-4min offensive swoon/sloppiness every half we will blow teams out. Zack Bye was talking about it on the broadcast that it seems when we get up 8-10 pts on teams that the players relax and get lazy. It happened in the first half and again in the second half and Bye talked about it when Will called a TO after some stupid turnovers in the second half that let UMBC back in the game.