UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ Buffalo - 9/2/16 at 7PM

What a thread to read thru. Still, glad I went to the game. May have been the only UA fan there other than parents, family and friends.

This may have been the best win except for the first Delaware win (UD had more fans and a better stadium), as exciting as the Dario Arango's 45-yd field goal vs. Ithaca at Bleecker, and the D-II wins for league championships over AIC. . . .

The only possible game that could have been more significant that you didn't mention was DIII UA vs Maine, where the last play had to be replayed a couple times because of Maine penalties. Please correct me if I got any of these details wrong. Anyway, last night, very solid win!

Glad you enjoyed your experience last night in Buffalo.

What's the local news coverage been like last night and today? Could go a long way to creating buzz and filling Bofo

UAlbany football stuns Buffalo - Times-Union

UB takes huge step backward in loss to Albany - Buffalo News

Time-Warner news video

Comment in the Buffalo paper said "playing in front of 10,000" - it may've been more than that but not by much, I bet at least 10,000 empty seats just in the end zones; paid attendance was 18000+ in a 29K stadium.

Yeah, UA made some mistakes but nothing that was critical and cost them.

Comment from a poster on the UB Fan Forum, my emphasis:

The sad thing is that Albany probably won't win more than 3-4 games this year. They were scrappy and showed a lot of heart last night. They weren't gonna be embarrassed again...but they don't have much talent. 4 turnovers to none is just huge and won them the game.

UB talent level is far closer to the CAA than it is to the SEC or Big Ten. It is fun to see the excuses though. I was wondering how Liepold's success at DIII would translate to D1 FBS, especially since he took a mostly DIII assistant staff along with him. It seems like a big jump to me. But the team is in transition this year so they may have a rough one.

If the defense stays healthy and plays like last night....and the offense limits turnovers....and we don't have to kick any field goals.......they'll win more than 3-4 games...

• Like 1

Most MAC fans are a bit dillusional about their talent level. They may occasionally get some serious talent above their level but so do CAA teams (eg Vad Lee, Joe Flacco, etc). The difference between MAC and CAA teams is just depth.

Which is less of an issue in Week 1 when you get through camp healthy and its 70 degrees out. 4 turnovers killed them.

I seem to remember them all being caused by CAA talent.

We have the biggest ever regular season win for the program and yet say the MAC is not that good? The MAC had a team play a BCS bowl game just a few years ago and they have a TV deal with ESPN.

Vad Lee lol. Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Gates, James Harrison, Greg Jennings, and Jason Taylor. There's nothing delusional there and I didn't even list Randy Moss since Marshall is no longer in the MAC.

We have the biggest ever regular season win for the program and yet say the MAC is not that good? The MAC had a team play a BCS bowl game just a few years ago and they have a TV deal with ESPN.

Vad Lee lol. Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Gates, James Harrison, Greg Jennings, and Jason Taylor. There's nothing delusional there and I didn't even list Randy Moss since Marshall is no longer in the MAC.

The MAC is a bottom tier FBS league. I didn't say they weren't decent. And everything you just said was exactly what I said.

should I list the CAA NFL guys?

The point is the MAC isn't as far from the CAA and top tier FCS leagues as MAC fans would like to believe.

Buffalo will probably be the 4th or 5th best team we'll see this year.

Hey, not putting down the MAC. Just pointing out that they are not head and shoulders above the CAA. CAA schools have produced some good players. Flacco, Howie Long, Brian Westbrook, etc. MAC has too. Joe Staley, Leftwich, Pennington, Moss, Oliver, Big Ben and so on. Maine almost beat Connecticut and I don't think JMU, Richmond, Villanova or NH would feel overmatched by Buffalo. Bowling Green got absolutely plastered by Ohio State.

• Like 1

I have no idea what MAC fans believe. I was just pointing out the NFL talent that has come out of the MAC. Besides Flacco, who is an overpaid and overrated QB, I don't know any CAA guys that are on those guys level.

The list is long and distinguished. Do some research, and you'll be surprised