UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2017-18 Season

If Conway and Clark are as talented as advertised, I have no idea how Brown keeps everyone happy, and gets everyone enough minutes to keep them playing well and happy with their role. Somehow Vermont was able to utilize their depth last season to be a strength, but can anyone see Nichols and Cremo playing under 30 minutes a game?

Despite his height (or because of his width) Hank didnt seem to play above the rim much, instead having those Rowley-like moves on the floor. Have to see how his quickness compares to the rest of the league, I thought Foster was at least even with him rebounding.

When Healy went to the basket on that one break I just thought Man, hes fast

BTW the winning gold team listed two forwards and three guards, purps were three and two

• Like 1

Getting back to guards, Clark was on the bench taking NOTES on a scrap sheet of paper. OK, maybe he was playing tic-tac-toe or something; but if he was really taking notes, how cool is that!

It wouldn't surprise me if he was taking notes. One of the fun things about these events is talking to the players and the amount of attention they pay to detail. They were talking about watching videos of post-up plays (on their own) and when to employ them depending of what the defender is doing against you. I'm guessing there was some Cremo influence there.

-Not sure how Travis Charles doesn't start. That was a clinic last night. We can really build around a post presence.

-Maybe I've forgotten how good Nichols was but he was just unguardable.

-Hank doesn't look like a freshman. Just from what we saw, that's a nice combo of frontcourt players in Hank, Stire, Charles and Foster.

-Cochran looked good. I'm guessing he'll start a little slow coming off the redshirt year.

-If Clark is as good as he sounds it will be tough for the guards to find minutes.

First 10 games or so will be interesting. There are a lot of different potential combos as a lot of the new guys can really play.

• Like 1

Despite his height (or because of his width) Hank didnt seem to play above the rim much, instead having those Rowley-like moves on the floor. Have to see how his quickness compares to the rest of the league, I thought Foster was at least even with him rebounding.

True but he did have that nice rejection of Foster late in the game of what looked like a sure-fire dunk. For a freshman, he was solid.

-Not sure how Travis Charles doesn't start. That was a clinic last night. We can really build around a post presence.

The jump ball during the scrimmage was Foster Vs. Hank, and from where I sat it looked Foster had to reach a foot higher than Hank.

As long as he gets the system and earns Brown's trust he needs to start. So if Foster starts, then it comes down to either Stire or Charles being the odd man out. With Brown stressing defense, toughness, and rebounding, that is why I had Charles as 6man instead of Stire.

Quick video of some of the nice moves, etc. I cut out a lot of the running of the plays, etc. to appease MRSGDG :P (and to cut the video time down lol).

LOL you never know who is watching. I do know for practice they sometimes put paper over some of the windows in the gyms.

True, that's closed practice. But for a public scrimmage, Jimmy Patsos could have easily showed up regardless of my video :P. It's all good though, I tried to limit the exposure while giving our 'remote' fans actual footage.

Nice quality video. Had it on a tripod or something?

lol, no. Held my phone in my hand. That's the amazing image stabilization of the Google Pixel XL phone. New Google Pixel 2 and 2 XL drop in a few days (have mine pre-ordered). Rated best camera of all smart phones by Dx0Mark (score of 98). /shamelessGoolgleFanboyPlug

Quick video of some of the nice moves, etc. I cut out a lot of the running of the plays, etc. to appease MRSGDG :P (and to cut the video time down lol).

LOL you never know who is watching. I do know for practice they sometimes put paper over some of the windows in the gyms.

True, that's closed practice. But for a public scrimmage, Jimmy Patsos could have easily showed up regardless of my video :P. It's all good though, I tried to limit the exposure while giving our 'remote' fans actual

Very true!

Great quality camera on the pixel.

True, that's closed practice. But for a public scrimmage, Jimmy Patsos could have easily showed up regardless of my video :P. It's all good though, I tried to limit the exposure while giving our 'remote' fans actual footage.

lol, no. Held my phone in my hand. That's the amazing image stabilization of the Google Pixel XL phone. New Google Pixel 2 and 2 XL drop in a few days (have mine pre-ordered). Rated best camera of all smart phones by Dx0Mark (score of 98). /shamelessGoolgleFanboyPlug

Getting the P2 or the P2 XL?

Edited by uofalbany

Getting the P2 or the P2 XL?

Both. P2 for wife and P2 XL for me.