Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #17: 1/12/19 - 3:00PM vs Maine


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree. Clark does make some bad decisions but several of his bad decisions are because nobody else can do anything with the ball in their hands.  I like to use this line a lot because its sooo

I'd rather go to Homegoods with my wife than finish that game. Nuff said. 

I'm not going to make long-term statements about the talent of players over the course of two lousy games. The worst part of today's train-wreck was all the hustle and desire displayed in the las

I could write a 10 page thesis right now, but who would read it ... haha .. here are a couple of observations I see right now :

Clark: has made some bad decisions but not all his decisions are bad. He is the only one that can best anyone of the dribble and is forced to make several drives every game because of it .

Rizzuto: has done nothing, and I mean zero, over the last two games. Wasn't he suppose to get better when he gets into shape ? 

Flory: looks like a bad Dallas right now. Does not look like a D1 player . 

Sousa: Raw!!!!!

Healy: will be good but cant beat anyone of the dribble. 

Campbell: is Campbell, enough said 

We dont get ball down low and look terrible on the offensive end. Not sure what we are doing but we need some athletes next year. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What's really aggravating is that most Maine fans even feel they have a D2 mens team since it's so hard to get D1 players up there and Maine high schools don't  produce a ton of D1 talent(probably more hockey than BB) yet we lose to them at home.  Does not bode well for our team in the future.  On to next mess of a game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

What's really aggravating is that most Maine fans even feel they have a D2 mens team since it's so hard to get D1 players up there and Maine high schools don't  produce a ton of D1 talent(probably more hockey than BB) yet we lose to them at home.  Does not bode well for our team in the future.  On to next mess of a game.

Lowell up next... One of the better offensive teams in the ae. It's a loss... Probably by double digits. We can't defend or score... This being on the road is gonna be tough sledding. 

 

Lowell is at home right now against umbc... Up 4.

Edited by Clickclack
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

I could write a 10 page thesis right now, but who would read it ... haha .. here are a couple of observations I see right now :

Clark: has made some bad decisions but not all his decisions are bad. He is the only one that can best anyone of the dribble and is forced to make several drives every game because of it .

Rizzuto: has done nothing, and I mean zero, over the last two games. Wasn't he suppose to get better when he gets into shape ? 

Flory: looks like a bad Dallas right now. Does not look like a D1 player . 

Sousa: Raw!!!!!

Healy: will be good but cant beat anyone of the dribble. 

Campbell: is Campbell, enough said 

We dont get ball down low and look terrible on the offensive end. Not sure what we are doing but we need some athletes next year. 

I don’t understand how Rizzuto was just anointed a starting spot just like that, but like someone said who else you going to put in.

Healy can shoot and that’s about it. 

French hurt?

Maybe it’ll turn around, but the recruiting strategy needs to change.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

I don’t understand how Rizzuto was just anointed a starting spot just like that, but like someone said who else you going to put in.

Healy can shoot and that’s about it. 

French hurt?

Maybe it’ll turn around, but the recruiting strategy needs to change.

Strategy should be 95% 4 year kids and almost no JUCO's. For every 10 JUCO kids 9 SUCK 1 eventually will do something. I like this freshman class and I like that the two kids next year are both 4 year kids. May take a year or two to rebuild but that's how UVM does it and SBU. Recruiting kids like Brooks, Lauderdale, French, Flory who's a transfer doesn't work usually. Talent on this team is awful...no other way to spin it. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not going to make long-term statements about the talent of players over the course of two lousy games.

The worst part of today's train-wreck was all the hustle and desire displayed in the last 5 minutes. I don't know where that was all game. The most fight I saw on the court was the halftime exhibit.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Lowell up next... One of the better offensive teams in the ae. It's a loss... Probably by double digits. We can't defend or score... This being on the road is gonna be tough sledding. 

 

Lowell is at home right now against umbc... Up 4.

I'm betting the team plays better in the next game. May (probably) still lose, but I'm thinking they need to get away from home. Only 1 real win at home.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

I'm betting the team plays better in the next game. May (probably) still lose, but I'm thinking they need to get away from home. Only 1 real win at home.

Lowell is on pace to put up an 80 spot on a very good defense in UMBC...we can't defend a traffic cone. UMBC can't keep up on offense but they are good on D and Lowell has 36 at the half. 

Edited by Clickclack
Link to post
Share on other sites

Stats tracker:

 

UAlbany Wins																																			
** Albany stats are the left side in each grouping **																																			
Opponent	Type	LOC	ATN	PTS		FGM		FGA		FG%		3PTM		3PTA		3PT%		FTM		FTA		FT%		REB		AST		STL		BLK		TO		FOUL	
Canisius	OOC	Away	1540	75	66	25	23	47	60	53.2%	38.3%	8	6	18	30	44.4%	20.0%	17	14	25	25	68.0%	56.0%	37	32	17	12	5	11	1	2	18	8	19	24
Oneonta		OOC	Home	1659	79	62	30	24	63	62	47.6%	38.7%	7	9	22	24	31.8%	37.5%	12	5	16	8	75.0%	62.5%	45	32	14	16	8	9	2	6	17	19	13	20
Monmouth	OOC	Home	1902	82	63	21	24	46	60	45.7%	40.0%	14	5	29	20	48.3%	25.0%	26	10	30	19	86.7%	52.6%	27	40	15	10	7	7	4	1	16	18	19	24
Manhattan	OOC	Home	1412	77	67	20	27	40	58	50.0%	46.6%	9	6	20	18	45.0%	33.3%	28	7	35	13	80.0%	53.8%	33	24	16	18	7	11	4	2	19	13	18	27
Niagara		OOC	Away	829	79	74	29	22	64	60	45.3%	36.7%	10	8	28	22	35.7%	36.4%	11	22	13	30	84.6%	73.3%	40	37	13	8	6	4	0	6	12	8	22	17
																																			
Tot. W				7342	392	332	125	120	260	300	48.1%	40.0%	48	34	117	114	41.0%	29.8%	94	58	119	95	79.0%	61.1%	182	165	75	64	33	42	11	17	82	66	91	112
Avg. W				1468.4	78.4	66.4	25.0	24.0	52.0	60.0	48.4%	40.1%	9.6	6.8	23.4	22.8	41.1%	30.4%	18.8	11.6	23.8	19.0	78.9%	59.7%	36.4	33.0	15.0	12.8	6.6	8.4	2.2	3.4	16.4	13.2	18.2	22.4
																																			
UAlbany Losses																																			
** Albany stats are the left side in each grouping **																																			
Opponent	Type	LOC	ATN	PTS		FGM		FGA		FG%		3PTM		3PTA		3PT%		FTM		FTA		FT%		REB		AST		STL		BLK		TO		FOUL	
Iona		OOC	Away	1871	68	72	21	25	58	57	36.2%	43.9%	11	6	24	25	45.8%	24.0%	15	16	16	25	93.8%	64.0%	39	34	10	16	0	12	0	2	22	13	20	16
Boston Univ.	OOC	Home	2579	61	71	20	28	59	55	33.9%	50.9%	5	10	20	22	25.0%	45.5%	16	5	22	11	72.7%	45.5%	33	40	14	18	7	3	3	4	8	14	13	21
Holy Cross	OOC	Home	1614	65	69	23	26	63	56	36.5%	46.4%	10	5	28	17	35.7%	29.4%	9	12	14	20	64.3%	60.0%	45	32	16	18	5	6	1	7	15	9	22	12
UW-Milwaukee	OOC	Away	952	70	79	23	31	59	53	39.0%	58.5%	10	12	30	21	33.3%	57.1%	14	5	17	7	82.4%	71.4%	28	32	12	19	7	1	2	4	8	12	9	14
LIU Brooklyn	OOC	Neutral	-	77	80	25	26	56	63	44.6%	41.3%	6	11	22	28	27.3%	39.3%	21	17	27	22	77.8%	77.3%	42	32	10	13	6	10	5	6	26	16	24	21
Dartmouth	OOC	Neutral	-	77	91	26	30	61	57	42.6%	52.6%	6	17	22	33	27.3%	51.5%	19	14	23	21	82.6%	66.7%	30	37	11	21	8	6	0	4	11	15	16	21
Yale		OOC	Away	904	63	71	23	29	60	54	38.3%	53.7%	8	4	26	14	30.8%	28.6%	9	9	13	22	69.2%	40.9%	32	40	15	19	6	4	1	2	11	13	19	16
Dartmouth	OOC	Home	1740	52	61	18	22	60	53	30.0%	41.5%	8	7	24	24	33.3%	29.2%	8	10	14	16	57.1%	62.5%	32	45	7	15	4	1	2	4	5	11	16	18
Providence	OOC	Away	4855	43	73	15	24	50	57	30.0%	42.1%	6	6	25	18	24.0%	33.3%	7	19	13	24	53.8%	79.2%	31	42	5	12	6	9	2	4	22	14	27	17
Kent State	OOC	Away	2114	68	70	24	24	53	60	45.3%	40.0%	8	6	23	22	34.8%	27.3%	12	16	15	20	80.0%	80.0%	39	28	9	10	2	10	3	5	17	6	18	15
Vermont		AE	Home	2733	51	80	19	31	54	57	35.2%	54.4%	5	10	21	26	23.8%	38.5%	8	8	11	13	72.7%	61.5%	26	39	10	17	9	5	2	4	12	12	16	15
Maine		AE	Home	1793	62	66	20	22	49	51	40.8%	43.1%	11	12	30	28	36.7%	42.9%	11	10	20	13	55.0%	76.9%	33	30	13	17	6	10	1	5	14	12	15	16
																																			
Tot. L		OOC		16629	644	737	218	265	579	565	37.7%	46.9%	78	84	244	224	32.0%	37.5%	130	123	174	188	74.7%	65.4%	351	362	109	161	51	62	19	42	145	123	184	171
		AE		4526	113	146	39	53	103	108	37.9%	49.1%	16	22	51	54	31.4%	40.7%	19	18	31	26	61.3%	69.2%	59	69	23	34	15	15	3	9	26	24	31	31
																																			
Avg. L		OOC		1662.9	64.4	73.7	21.8	26.5	57.9	56.5	37.7%	46.9%	7.8	8.4	24.4	22.4	32.0%	37.5%	13.0	12.3	17.4	18.8	74.7%	65.4%	35.1	36.2	10.9	16.1	5.1	6.2	1.9	4.2	14.5	12.3	18.4	17.1
		AE		2263.0	56.5	73.0	19.5	26.5	51.5	54.0	37.9%	49.1%	8.0	11.0	25.5	27.0	31.4%	40.7%	9.5	9.0	15.5	13.0	61.3%	69.2%	29.5	34.5	11.5	17.0	7.5	7.5	1.5	4.5	13.0	12.0	15.5	15.5
																																			
Tot. L				21155	757	883	257	318	682	673	37.7%	47.3%	94	106	295	278	31.9%	38.1%	149	141	205	214	72.7%	65.9%	410	431	132	195	66	77	22	51	171	147	215	202
Avg. L				1762.9	63.1	73.6	21.4	26.5	56.8	56.1	37.7%	47.4%	7.8	8.8	24.6	23.2	31.5%	37.2%	12.4	11.8	17.1	17.8	71.8%	65.5%	34.2	35.9	11.0	16.3	5.5	6.4	1.8	4.3	14.3	12.3	17.9	16.8
																																			
Tot. (all)			28497	1149	1215	382	438	942	973	40.6%	45.0%	142	140	412	392	34.5%	35.7%	243	199	324	309	75.0%	64.4%	592	596	207	259	99	119	33	68	253	213	306	314
Avg. (all)			1676.3	67.6	71.5	22.5	25.8	55.4	57.2	40.8%	45.2%	8.4	8.2	24.2	23.1	34.3%	35.2%	14.3	11.7	19.1	18.2	73.9%	63.8%	34.8	35.1	12.2	15.2	5.8	7.0	1.9	4.0	14.9	12.5	18.0	18.5
			LOC	ATN	PTS		FGM		FGA		FG%		3PTM		3PTA		3PT%		FTM		FTA		FT%		REB		AST		STL		BLK		TO		FOUL	

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...