UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Binghamton Facilities

$60 million is a lot of money.  For perspective, our endowment is only $71 million, our football stadium was $24 million and I’d guess good minor league stadiums are probably less than $30 million. 

What can they possibly build for that much money?  $60 million would probably satisfy our wishlist for football and basketball.

That said, congratulations and good for them. 

5 hours ago, reeder said:

$60 million is a lot of money.  For perspective, our endowment is only $71 million, our football stadium was $24 million and I’d guess good minor league stadiums are probably less than $30 million. 

What can they possibly build for that much money?  $60 million would probably satisfy our wishlist for football and basketball.

Also; IF MLB plan for the minors comes to fruition {and I know there is a lot of opposition and government involvement now}, Binghamton is one of the minor teams scheduled for the ax. So you would think there would be NO combined plan or purpose for such a facility. What the heck would an AmEast team need with such a thing?? IMHO bingo would be better off building a covered field house for that amount--upgrading their lacrosse, track field & soccer programs. But its NOT my money so all the BEST to them I guess.

• Like 1

Look, I applaud the ability to get the single largest public school athletic gift in NYS history.  However, this is a waste of funds.  I don't care how great your facilities are...no one wants to live in Vestal for 10 months a year from areas they would need to recruit to become a legit national powerhouse on a yearly basis, e.g. the deep south.

These facilities are quite frankly better than MANY Power 5 facilities, including that of the SEC, Big 12, and ACC...regular baseball powerhouse leagues.

If this gift was restricted to baseball only, i get it...not much they can do.  But if not, this is a joke.  If I were the soccer and lacrosse teams I would be pissed.  They could have broken this up and made themselves a powerhouse, facility wise, in lax / soccer / baseball / softball / track and field, and built an indoor practice facility.

Even bigger roadblock to get to consistent national prominence: academics.  Coming off the heels of the basketball fiasco, no way are they lowering their standards that they would require to do what is necessary to become a power.

I dunno...again, I applaud the ability to secure the gift...but I feel it is a waste of $$$.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dslyank said:

Also; IF MLB plan for the minors comes to fruition {and I know there is a lot of opposition and government involvement now}, Binghamton is one of the minor teams scheduled for the ax. So you would think there would be NO combined plan or purpose for such a facility. What the heck would an AmEast team need with such a thing?? IMHO bingo would be better off building a covered field house for that amount--upgrading their lacrosse, track field & soccer programs. But its NOT my money so all the BEST to them I guess.

The current arena has the indoor track and field facilities in it.

• 4 weeks later...