UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #3: 12/23/20 - 3:00PM vs Niagara

Eli

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

Is there a cure for this problem?  Any thoughts and suggestion....

I think Pfizer is rushing a vaccine as we speak. It may result in unintended consequences like inability to move or dribble though...

2 hours ago, UA'08 said:

Anyone know why they didn’t foul down 2 with 34 sec left to extend the game? They decided to do nothing for 24 seconds on defense and then finally foul one of their better FT shooters with 10 seconds left.

If u watch the replay the assistants were yelling to foul . Brown put his hand up and would not let them . According to the paper Brown wanted to foul with 15 seconds let. Either way it was a terrible move by a very seasoned coach.  

So in our three games we've had one where we didn't have a PG on the floor to push the ball up the floor w/ less than 10 seconds left (after foul shots so we could have subbed even w/o a timeout) and another where we didn't foul early (30 seconds) and when we did we fouled one of their better shooters?

I think at least part of the problem going into a season with no preseason or scrimmages is that our returning perimeter players (Healy, Rizzuto, Hutch) are basically catch and shoot guys. The guys who are running the offense and creating are all "new". I'm considering Jojo Anderson "new" because he hardly played last year with injuries.

I think our best backcourt is Anderson, Horton and Kelly. They can all hit outside shots and create off the dribble. If you combine them with Taylor who can post up a little, you can do somethings. 

If Lulka is out for a while, I don't know what you do in the frontcourt. Taylor battles but our defense struggles when he's at the center spot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have just finished game 3.  Normally we would be at least game 8.  A lot of new players and they seem to be good picks.  However in the 2nd half they seem to develop a HS intramural mentality--watch me I am going to win the game--and they can't.  Once we get Healy, Rizzuto, Huthinson and Lulka to meld in with Anderson, Kelly, Horton and Taylor we will be fine.  UMBC is very, very good.  I hope for a split at Vermont and then run the table with a few blips