UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany "New Mobile App" for Sports

cwdickens

I spotted this announcement on Instagram from the UAlbanySports Account; Follow the link to the announcement-->https://www.instagram.com/ualbanysports/

I have added a link for the announcement from UAlbanysports.com: https://ualbanysports.com/news/2021/4/12/athletics-ualbany-launches-new-mobile-app-in-partnership-with-sefcu.aspx

Edited by cwdickens
update

Just logged in. Pretty cool. 

I realize they aren’t perfect but at least they are trying.  Sometimes I think some of you would win a million dollars and then complain that you had to go to the bank.  

Edited by BestDaneSinceHamlet
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Just logged in. Pretty cool. 

I realize they aren’t perfect but at least they are trying.  Sometimes I think some of you would win a million dollars and then complain that you had to go to the bank.  

Bro...give me a break with this here. Release an app that doesn't work on 50% of the phones if not more and it's me complaining? It's like someone gives you a bike, it has no handlebars and no wheels, one pedal is missing...so basically a pile of $iena and I'm supposed to what...hope on it and ride it and thank them? Maybe if I ran a scrap metal yard...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cwdickens said:

I mention your concern on Instagram...."They" replied that the app works....I have not tried the app on my phone...

Well they are wrong unless they want to release it only to iPhones...that's fine but don't put out a product on google app store, have it crash repeatedly for at least a few of us and then claim it works...not yelling at you just saying that "they" are clueless as usual. 

RV5DQuY.png

The deleted my previous review...seems like this outfit has really thin skin. All the review said was 1-star, "App doesn't appear to work, feels like another under baked Mark Benson special"

What's wrong with that?

Uz8w.gif

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

Completely works on my Iphone, and looks great.

As for Android...they are having major issues in the App Store right now (Google).  I am in the midst of releasing an APP and, in a bizarre turn of events as it is usually Apple that's a hold up, Google is a current nightmare.  Our developers are working like crazy to fix the issues but we consistently run into barriers.  After four weeks, we think it is solved.  

I really like the App, a lot.  Good job by the Athletic Department....kudos to AD Benson. 

4 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Considering a few of the posters in here who it's not working for having probably 3-4 decades worth of IT experience at senior levels under their belts, trust me...it's not us and we're not complaining for the sake of complaining. I'm glad it works on iOS. That doesn't change the fact that it does not seem to work on Android be it because of version, model, rooted/unrooted (I'm probably the only rooted one in here), etc.

We all want the school to stop face planting every chance they get...this kind of stuff doesn't help and makes us look less than put together as a university, an athletic department and program.

3 hours ago, UA'08 said:

That’s because Androids are trash! Lol

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Completely works on my Iphone, and looks great.

As for Android...they are having major issues in the App Store right now (Google).  I am in the midst of releasing an APP and, in a bizarre turn of events as it is usually Apple that's a hold up, Google is a current nightmare.  Our developers are working like crazy to fix the issues but we consistently run into barriers.  After four weeks, we think it is solved.  

I really like the App, a lot.  Good job by the Athletic Department....kudos to AD Benson. 

Yeah, it was bad about 2-3 weeks ago...none of the apps were working. I was actually in the middle of my drive down from NY to FL when Maps, Waze, etc. all failed. Good thing I was on I-95 (pretty much straight shot) or I would have had to do navigation the old fashioned way using a paper map lol.

Edited by Eli