UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB 2021-22 Preseason - News/Articles/Predictions/Chatter

I have not heard or seen much. Guessing Doles gets the start @ the 3/4 over Neeley. Don't see true freshman get starting roles upfront @ UA very often; but with the new regime who knows. But still think Doles get the start, because with only one true center (Newman), pretty small in the middle.

Maybe find out a little more this Saturday @ Purple Gold scrimmage??  Anyone know if it is still planned? Advertising and communication @ UA like always POOR. Killings seemed at first to be sending out lots of emails and his mentality posts. Not much since practice started for real. Don't blame him he has his hands fill coaching and building a team; but Benson and his "marketing"/"advertising" staff, I guess are too busy putting trying to justify/defend their football program.

Edited by dslyank

UAlbany MBB announced the Purple & Gold Scrimmage for this Saturday on Instragram ....you are on your own for parking
dannymads12's profile picture
Liked by dannymads12 and 75 others
ualbany_mbb Soooooooo who wants a sneak peek of the Danes⁉️

Purple & Gold scrimmage this Saturday - 1️⃣2️⃣:3️⃣0️⃣ at SEFCU Arena!

All are welcome! Parking fees for Homecoming may apply.

#BeGreat #MENTALITY

I am going to doubt that SEFCU lot will be available for $20. With there being a home football game starting at 3:30, the SEFCU lot will probably be closed for only football season ticket holders with a pass. Maybe I missed them announcing that the lot will be open because they anticipate low football attendance, but I doubt it will be open for parking if your don't already have a pass.  

I think @cwdickens was just guessing at what the price will be. 

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

I am going to doubt that SEFCU lot will be available for $20. With there being a home football game starting at 3:30, the SEFCU lot will probably be closed for only football season ticket holders with a pass. Maybe I missed them announcing that the lot will be open because they anticipate low football attendance, but I doubt it will be open for parking if your don't already have a pass.  

I think @cwdickens was just guessing at what the price will be. 

$20.00, $30.00 LOL .... I have not worried about paying for parking at UAlbany Sporting events for some time now...still going to the football game...rain gear is out....going to P & G game ..not likely .... participated in all of Coach Killings zoom meetings .... talking about something that has come and gone quickly .... likely 45 minutes about the "New Mentality" and 30 minutes of basketball

51 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

$20.00, $30.00 LOL .... I have not worried about paying for parking at UAlbany Sporting events for some time now...still going to the football game...rain gear is out....going to P & G game ..not likely .... participated in all of Coach Killings zoom meetings .... talking about something that has come and gone quickly .... likely 45 minutes about the "New Mentality" and 30 minutes of basketball

$30 may be easy for you but its not easy for everyone which is why most of us think the pricing that the AD uses for parking is asinine.

Imagine having 5-6 people (a larger family) go to a game. $20-30 parking, $60 in food, $100 (?) in tickets...you can see why this is a problem.

It's terrible economics. No wonder why our attendance sucks. To me, it's the same thing as taxes in NY vs FL...

NY has insane taxes (I was paying $10.5k in property taxes) and people are moving out in droves (high parking costs).
FL has low taxes (I'm paying $5.5k in property taxes) and people are moving in in droves (low parking costs).
Other costs in both (groceries, utilities, etc.) are pretty close (concessions/ticket costs, etc.).

As a result, NY (or UA) has to keep raising the prices on taxes/parking in order to cover the bottom line. Wasn't parking like $5 a few years ago? Now it's $10+.

FWIW, I'm going to the New York Rangers vs Tampa Bay Lightning game on 3/19/22 here in downtown Tampa and the most parking will be is $25. FOR AN NHL GAME. UA is out of their mind if they think it's fair to charge that for D1 sports in the Capital Region.

(I'm actually going to pay $10 bucks for parking and take the TECO Street Car/Trolley from Ybor City into Downtown)

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-rankings-countdown-of-every-team-begins-with-nos-358-201-for-the-2021-22-season/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Cbs released their rankings.  

268. UAlbany: The Great Danes enter as a bottom-four team in the America East, but it could well be the last time that ever happens under first-year coach Dwayne Killings, who knows the area well and hired a strong staff

14 hours ago, Eli said:

$30 may be easy for you but its not easy for everyone which is why most of us think the pricing that the AD uses for parking is asinine.

Imagine having 5-6 people (a larger family) go to a game. $20-30 parking, $60 in food, $100 (?) in tickets...you can see why this is a problem.

It's terrible economics. No wonder why our attendance sucks. To me, it's the same thing as taxes in NY vs FL...

NY has insane taxes (I was paying $10.5k in property taxes) and people are moving out in droves (high parking costs).
FL has low taxes (I'm paying $5.5k in property taxes) and people are moving in in droves (low parking costs).
Other costs in both (groceries, utilities, etc.) are pretty close (concessions/ticket costs, etc.).

As a result, NY (or UA) has to keep raising the prices on taxes/parking in order to cover the bottom line. Wasn't parking like $5 a few years ago? Now it's $10+.

FWIW, I'm going to the New York Rangers vs Tampa Bay Lightning game on 3/19/22 here in downtown Tampa and the most parking will be is $25. FOR AN NHL GAME. UA is out of their mind if they think it's fair to charge that for D1 sports in the Capital Region.

(I'm actually going to pay $10 bucks for parking and take the TECO Street Car/Trolley from Ybor City into Downtown)

To all those fans and attendees of UAlbany sports, who have paid those high parking fee...thank you for your support of UAlbany sports and athletes.  Further, you have allowed me the opportunity to watch men's and women's soccer games, women's volleyball and women's lacrosse without cost.  It is a great deal for a senior citizen fan on a fixed income.

Sadly Eli, you have stated the above numerous times in the past....whether any of the above is factual is immaterial....you have moved on by relocating to the Tampa, FL.   I only wish you the best in your life and family.

Edited by cwdickens
clarification