UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB 2021-22 Preseason - News/Articles/Predictions/Chatter

https://www.basketballarticles.com/america-east-college-basketball-preview/

Absolutely love that just about everyone has Albany near the bottom to start the year. This allows them to have low expectations and won't make the fans down on the team when they have a slow start with a real strong OOC schedule. This will allow them to gel as a team and grow together without much pressure.

I know I have higher expectations for this season, but I wear purple and Gold glasses. The Bart Torvik site has UA third in the league with the highest "talent" points and second highest "transfer" points, but at the end of the day it is impossible to predict what this year's squad will do with so many new faces. 

Can't wait to get back into SEFCU so I can cheer for Rizzuto before watching UA blowout Towson. 

Season is almost here!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

https://www.basketballarticles.com/america-east-college-basketball-preview/

Absolutely love that just about everyone has Albany near the bottom to start the year. This allows them to have low expectations and won't make the fans down on the team when they have a slow start with a real strong OOC schedule. This will allow them to gel as a team and grow together without much pressure.

I know I have higher expectations for this season, but I wear purple and Gold glasses. The Bart Torvik site has UA third in the league with the highest "talent" points and second highest "transfer" points, but at the end of the day it is impossible to predict what this year's squad will do with so many new faces. 

Can't wait to get back into SEFCU so I can cheer for Rizzuto before watching UA blowout Towson. 

Season is almost here!

I have no expectations for this year...DK needs time to put in his system and get this team playing together. Just gonna watch the games and enjoy being in SEFCU again regardless of results. Looking for steady development of the program and faster paced play. 

Lifted From Instagram:

ualbanysports 🚨BIG NEWS 🚨

We’re excited to announce an expanded partnership with @1045theteam and @citylinebar!

Every Monday, Coach Killings and Coach Mullen will join the ESPN crew LIVE from City Line for “Drive the Lane with UAlbany Hoops”

Read more at the link in our bio!

From the UAlbanysports.com

UAlbany Announces Expanded Partnership with ESPN Radio 104.5 the Team, City Line Bar & Grill

Edited by cwdickens
update

On 10/21/2021 at 1:30 PM, cwdickens said:

Pretty sure this is a misprint - should say we’re picked fourth. 

• Haha 1

On 10/23/2021 at 7:21 PM, dslyank said:

Anyone know why UA scrimmages are always closed & always a SECRET? While lcc scrimmages are called exhibitions, charge admission & reported on in TU??

IIRC exhibitions count against the number of allowed contests, and are played with game rules. Closed practices you can take time out for teaching, request the other team play a certain defense to practice against. 
LCC took the lead with 9 minutes to go, beat St Rose 77-70 before 4700 fans

Some details shared by Craig Turnbull about tonight's meet and greet:

Thank you for registering for the men’s basketball preseason get together tomorrow night at Mixed Breed Brewing.  A few updates for you:

• Coach Killings will likely do the player introductions closer to 6:15.  Some players will need to leave early due to their class schedules
  • $5 pp for pizza is payable at the door.  Cash is preferred but credit card will be accepted.  Pizza is self-service buffet.  Options include cheese, margherita, pepperoni and veggie (spinach, mushroom, sweet onion)
  • Cash bar
  • We’ll have name tags at the door for all guests and student-athletes

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow. 

Craig

On 10/25/2021 at 11:40 PM, UAalum72 said:

IIRC exhibitions count against the number of allowed contests, and are played with game rules. Closed practices you can take time out for teaching, request the other team play a certain defense to practice against. 
LCC took the lead with 9 minutes to go, beat St Rose 77-70 before 4700 fans

Also before start of season if you play against a D1 school it is closed "practice" with no ticket sales. If you play against division 2 or 3 you can sell tickets for an "exhibition"