UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2022 lax schedule

On 1/27/2022 at 10:41 AM, dslyank said:

OK LAX fans. Time for some input here. Scrimmage at Colgate Saturday 2/5 @ 4:30. Anyone know if this is open to the public and does Colgate have an indoor facility of some sort (could be still pretty cold/snowy 2/5)?? A couple years back we had a winter scrimmage @ Colgate with them listed as home team but it was played at Afrims for weather reasons??

First media pools have Vermont #17; UA getting top 20 votes. No other AmEast in top 30 say. AmEast coaches pool have vt#1; brook, UA, umbc all separated by a point.

Marr in an article in the TU said concerned with the offense {No dominant threat.} He felt the returning in-close D and goal tending was strong. Hate to disagree with coach, but what I saw in the fall, both attack & midfield offense was DEEP and proficient. The in-close and two way middies could not stop a nose bleed?? HOPE I'M WRONG about the D and think Scott just throwing smoke screens about the O? He also said he was very please about face-off progress and that would be a continued emphasis winter practice.

Also, curious about brook moving to caa and lax post season ban?

That's all I got. Looking for thoughts/opinions/news on all the above and MORE.

I got nothing.  Have we done okay against CAA Lacrosse teams over the years?? I would hope and expect we'll continue playing Stony Brooks in Lacrosse.   We've been playing Stony Brook in FB off and on for 50 years so since we are CAA FB that will continue. 

2 hours ago, dslyank said:

First regular season game today Bellamarine--Mercer. Next weekend bunch more. 2/5 a bunch more games; 2/12 almost a full slate; UA not until 2/19.

What are the chances of a lake effect storm?....in the middle of February for Tompkins County

• Like 1

On 1/29/2022 at 12:16 PM, cwdickens said:

What are the chances of a lake effect storm?....in the middle of February for Tompkins County

Not much we can do about the schedule based on where we live except trying to schedule games at indoor facilities.  Not many are large enough... Maybe somebody will donate 20 - 30 million to build and indoor football and lacrosse facility.  Hasn't there been one in the plan for many years -to the left of the gym?  I may have the area wrong but thought I saw plans a while ago.

21 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Not much we can do about the schedule based on where we live except trying to schedule games at indoor facilities.  Not many are large enough... Maybe somebody will donate 20 - 30 million to build and indoor football and lacrosse facility.  Hasn't there been one in the plan for many years -to the left of the gym?  I may have the area wrong but thought I saw plans a while ago.

The cost is 6 million (probably 7). It's budged by the ADept.  It will look like Utica's but, stupidly they are making the field portion ONLY 80 yards.  Which means no indoor games. 

19 hours ago, dslyank said:

The latest plans: a new “tent” going up this spring. Room for an “80”yard field. 

HOW LAME IS THAT?

It's actually not lame...it's quite nice and will allow competitive indoor track and have offices and lockers.  That said, due to width of the facility, it will be only 80 yards. I hope they widen it.

It's VERY common even at P5's

• Like 1

The structure is NO. 2 on the ADept capital investment list, per my understanding.  It will be approx. 136,000sf, 4x bigger than former bubble structure.  Would house synthetic turf field (80% reg football field), NCAA-compliant indoor track, other amenities as space allows and a small ancillary building structure may be included (budget dependent) to house lockers, showers, coaching offices, etc.

They should literally spend the extra cash and go full field. 

• Like 2