UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #6: 11/24/21 - 12:00PM at Eastern Illinois University

Eli

Just now, UAalum72 said:

Wait, we didn't lose by 10?

Glad we won . We are terrible.  There is no way anyone I'm their right mind would say we aren't.  We MAY be missing 2 starters but I will say this :

Horton- regressed 

Doles- regressed 

Champion- regressed 

There is not arguing that.  They were all here last year.  We are 20 percent through the season.  Really really really need to recruit.  

5 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

Glad we won . We are terrible.  There is no way anyone I'm their right mind would say we aren't.  We MAY be missing 2 starters but I will say this :

Horton- regressed 

Doles- regressed 

Champion- regressed 

There is not arguing that.  They were all here last year.  We are 20 percent through the season.  Really really really need to recruit.  

I like Neely, I like Little although both have a lot of growing to do and obviously the Beagle signing speaks for itself. I don't have a lot of concerns that they will identify what they need and get it but they need a lot of help, more down low, another PG considering the only one we have going forward can't get healthy and hasn't played for going on 2 seasons. But desperately need another shooter, another PF or C and another PG at minimum who are quality recruits. 

Took a miracle shot today against a brutal team it counts but not sure there's much to get pumped about other than you have to get a W sooner or later. Good for the kids and congrats to DK. Lots of work to do...today was a pretty significant step back. 

10 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

Horton- regressed 

Doles- regressed 

Champion- regressed 

What two starters are we missing? They have a pretty good big coming next year and I don’t think recruiting is an issue right now with Nealy, Reddish, and Little as freshman recruits aren’t too bad. 

9 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

What two starters are we missing? They have a pretty good big coming next year and I don’t think recruiting is an issue right now with Nealy, Reddish, and Little as freshman recruits aren’t too bad. 

I would say Drumgoole and Amica. I love Albany atheltics but I would say our best 2 players have been seniors and will not be coming back next year.  

Just checked the blog, while visiting family in Wisconsin. While reading through this thing I thought we got killed. Went to live stats to find we won; we’re up 1 @ the half; had 3 or 4 players finish in double figures; and won the game on the buzzer. Sounds pretty GOOD to me. Know the opponent bad & bad record; but you have to know they wanted/needed a win pretty bad also. It’s like beating a junk yard dog—-not easy. I was not able to listen to the game; but I for one going to be positive & happy for coach K and the TEAM 😊

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

I would say Drumgoole and Amica. I love Albany atheltics but I would say our best 2 players have been seniors and will not be coming back next year.  

Forgot about Drumgoogle. So if we are going to assume he can play, the core for next year is even better. We don’t know what Amica is yet that’s a bigger question than Drumgoogle. Coaching staff needs to find a PG. PG has been a problem for literally years. Prob since the Singletary days

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

Horton- regressed 

Doles- regressed 

Champion- regressed 

Agreed. Don’t really like to point out players by name; but as long as you brought them up. IMHO was never sold on Horton as a point guard (Kelly was the only competent player @ the point last year & even he deficient.) But  I am very surprised by how much Doles & Champion have regressed. 

22 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Just checked the blog, while visiting family in Wisconsin. While reading through this thing I thought we got killed. Went to live stats to find we won; we’re up 1 @ the half; had 3 or 4 players finish in double figures; and won the game on the buzzer. Sounds pretty GOOD to me. Know the opponent bad & bad record; but you have to know they wanted/needed a win pretty bad also. It’s like beating a junk yard dog—-not easy. I was not able to listen to the game; but I for one going to be positive & happy for coach K and the TEAM 😊

LOL 

There are some that are going to complain no matter what. Not the best game, but nice to get win number 1 of the season for the team and coach. 

• Like 1