UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany 2022 Men's Lacrosse Season

The above article and one in the Schenectady Gazette talk about a 6 attack Attack. The end of an era; the end of the two way middies?? UA & Marr pioneers of the two way middies and IMHO that brought UA into the forefront of D1 LAX. Sorry to see it go; but with invention of the shot clock and mass substitutions every time a team crosses midfield either way, appears to be the rule of the day. These mass substitutions and waiting for all the attacks in place before "attacks" begin is counter to increasing the "pace" of the game IMHO. But I guess a team has to adapt.

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1

Yes have to adapt for sure there not a lot of 2 way middies out there to recruit , everyone is so specialized as either O or D for most part. There is no STUD middie like a Ron Jon this season. If your best 6 offensive players are attackmen it makes sense to do.  2 of them are going to have a shorty matchups to work and you attack there.

• Like 1

Current weather conditions in Ithaca, NY:

Snow Squall Warning

SNOW SQUALL WARNING
NWS BINGHAMTON NY
1001 AM EST SAT FEB 19 2022

NYC011-023-097-109-191545-
/O.NEW.KBGM.SQ.W.0005.220219T1501Z-220219T1545Z/
1001 AM EST SAT FEB 19 2022
Cayuga County-Cortland County-Schuyler County-Tompkins County-

The National Weather Service in Binghamton has issued a

* Snow Squall Warning for...
Central Schuyler County in central New York...
Southeastern Cayuga County in central New York...
Cortland County in central New York...
Tompkins County in central New York...

* Until 1045 AM EST.

* At 1001 AM EST, a dangerous snow squall was located along a line
extending from Scott to Montour Falls, moving east at 30 mph.

HAZARD...Whiteout conditions. Zero visibility in heavy snow and
blowing snow. Wind gusts greater than 30 mph.

SOURCE...Radar indicated.

IMPACT...Dangerous life-threatening travel.

Locations impacted include...
Ithaca, Cortland, Newfield, Cayuga Heights, Lansing, Enfield, Homer,
Virgil, Groton and Locke.

This includes the following highway exits...
New York Interstate 81 between 9 and 12.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Reduce your speed and turn on headlights! During snow squalls, the
visibility may suddenly drop to near zero in whiteout conditions.

3 hours ago, dslyank said:

The above article and one in the Schenectady Gazette talk about a 6 attack Attack. The end of an era; the end of the two way middies?? UA & Marr pioneers of the two way middies and IMHO that brought UA into the forefront of D1 LAX. Sorry to see it go; but with invention of the shot clock and mass substitutions every time a team crosses midfield either way, appears to be the rule of the day. These mass substitutions and waiting for all the attacks in place before "attacks" begin is counter to increasing the "pace" of the game IMHO. But I guess a team has to adapt.

I read that and what bothered me was not the change, but the fact that it took them until a week before the first game to realize we don't have there personnel to run a two way middle system. Almost no one does it in D1 lacrosse, because there are very few players who are truly elite at both, and even if you are it is hard to be at your best playing both ways in a game like lacrosse.

Guys like McClancy and Osika were rare breeds, and I applaud Scotty for making the change, but this should have been figured out in the fall not during the week of the first game. This leads me to other concerns I have had for several years, but that is for another time.

Go Danes!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

I shut it off already, down 5 zip in 1st quarter.  May be a long season.  

Kind of what I was saying pre game and what I expected. For the last 2-3 years feels like they are just throwing spaghetti on the wall and hoping to see something stick. I don't understand the player development and personnel decisions after the final four run.

• Like 1

I stopped counting our turnovers in the 2nd period when we got to 10 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just awful - terrible passes - bad decisions - BUT we made enough plays to stay close.

27 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

It's obvious that the key to this teams success is for me NOT to watch them, lol.  Out scored them 6-3 since I shut it off 😳😳.  

Cornell is just not a better team. We have turned the ball over 2 -3 times for each of their goals after the 1st period.  Terrible passes, forcing the ball, just throwing it away.

Just terrible fundamentals, Long stick not moving their feet.  Pee-wee lacrosse-type passes.   Man up for a MINUTE and NO shot into the net.  LS's cannot seem to get the ball across midfield when we get it.  THAT is coaching.........period!  Come on coaches - gotta get on some asses and get them moving.  Just looking bad...................

Down by 2 for almost an entire period and had 10 turnovers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Just terrible fundamentals, Long stick not moving their feet.  Pee-wee lacrosse-type passes.   Man up for a MINUTE and NO shot into the net.  LS's cannot seem to get the ball across midfield when we get it.  THAT is coaching.........period!  Come on coaches - gotta get on some asses and get them moving.  Just looking bad...................

Down by 2 for almost an entire period and had 10 turnovers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really was a bad showing. It will be interesting to see the final stats, but to lose a game by eight, and could have been worse where we had the better FOGO on the day. The team wasn't ready to play. When I heard that they were run hard on Monday to get ready for this weeks game and then that they changed from two way middies to not this week just shows me that the program at the moment is in trouble. We'll see what the improvement looks like from game one to game three, but that was really disappointing.

• Like 1