UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #9: 12/11/21 - 7:00PM vs Columbia (24th Annual Big Purple Growl & Ferocious Feast)

Eli

On ESPN it looked more like a small grayish whimper rather than a BPG. Final impression....Horton is BAD....Hutch is good...Neely has potential...Reddish needs to calm down....Perry is decent...Doles regresses...Champion is ??...Newman is MIA...Hoss is a hoss...Cerutti is OK...DK is still an unknown.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I watched Jamel very closely all game...you could have a long conversation about what he does wrong. He doesn't even understand that as a primary ball handler...you NEVER pick up the ball. He was doing it all game. You never leave feet to pass the ball especially in a close game with lead hanging by a thread. Out of putty for him DK should just have Chuck run point. He won't win you many game but he won't do stupid stuff like that. 

Does anyone know what Reddish did? I thought he had a nice game up till that incident.

20 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

I watched Jamel very closely all game...you could have a long conversation about what he does wrong. He doesn't even understand that as a primary ball handler...you NEVER pick up the ball. He was doing it all game. You never leave feet to pass the ball especially in a close game with lead hanging by a thread. Out of putty for him DK should just have Chuck run point. He won't win you many game but he won't do stupid stuff like that. 

Does anyone know what Reddish did? I thought he had a nice game up till that incident.

Reddish threw a little jab at the pile fighting for the loose(?) ball.  Clearly intentional.  Couldn’t tell if he connected.

38 minutes ago, jimbo said:

On ESPN it looked more like a small grayish whimper rather than a BPG. Final impression....Horton is BAD....Hutch is good...Neely has potential...Reddish needs to calm down....Perry is decent...Doles regresses...Champion is ??...Newman is MIA...Hoss is a hoss...Cerutti is OK...DK is still an unknown.

Attendance 2245, 1/2 full. Hope the gym renovation is done by next year.

Too much one guy dribbling and four guys standing still. Doc Sauers was at the game, he must be too old to yell "move" at the guys.

Or how often can you drive into the paint and then take a fallaway jumper that doesn't connect.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Attendance 2245, 1/2 full.

That is pathetic. What happened to this athletic program? We were at least guaranteed a sell out in the late 2000's and early 2010's for BPG, etc.

What a shame...

2021-12-11-22-19-06-UAlbany-Basketball-S

Edited by Eli

31 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Finished with a flurry though--NO as in zero field goals in the last 7 ½ minutes; but I guess two foul shots in the last 3.4 seconds is all that matters????🤔

8/10 from the line for the Danes. A big positive as that’s what won them the game in the end.

12 hours ago, Clickclack said:

They replayed it several times. Couldn’t tell if it was an elbow or punch or if he was trying to pop the ball out. In any case, it was unnecessary and probably looked ten times worse than the result. Hopefully he will learn from it. Horton just looks lost to me. He’s clearly not comfortable as a PG. 

A win is a win, etc., etc. I’m happy! Despite a 19 pt. 2cd half we win. Our “FT defense” must be the result of our new coach’s major strategy decision to have opponents shoot FT’s in front of our overly enthusiastic student body (?) in the 2cd half. The jury is still out on this, of course, but we shall see.

On 12/11/2021 at 9:59 PM, UAalum72 said:

Attendance 2245, 1/2 full. Hope the gym renovation is done by next year.

Too much one guy dribbling and four guys standing still. Doc Sauers was at the game, he must be too old to yell "move" at the guys.

Or how often can you drive into the paint and then take a fallaway jumper that doesn't connect.

History is likely going to repeat itself this season.....