UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #3: 11/12/22 - 7:30PM at Loudonville Community College

Eli

2 hours ago, bob87 said:

Florida State may be the worst power conference team this season. I certainly don't feel a need to hype them over Washington 

Florida State has been on a downward trend since 2019 when David Nichols transferred there from Albany. This is what happens to majors when they poach from mid-majors, they are cursed by the basketball Gods. The result is you end up losing to Siena on ESPN. Jay Wright at Villanova recognized this and retired before he had to live through it.

Not sure why people are pimping Siena's wins. Clearing the biggest Capital District basketball win is St. Rose over Syracuse.

Edited by Dane Pound
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Dane Pound said:

Florida State has been on a downward trend since 2019 when David Nichols transferred there from Albany. This is what happens to majors when they poach from mid-majors, they are cursed by the basketball Gods. Jay Wright at Villanova recognized this and retired before he had to live through it.

Not sure why people are pimping Siena's wins. Clearing the biggest Capital District basketball win is St. Rose over Syracuse.

Absolutely, how did our win Boston College salvage last season ... it just became a memory .... so unless Siena follow up with a decent OOC and In Conference record plus make the tournament... just another memory

2 hours ago, Dane Pound said:

Florida State has been on a downward trend since 2019 when David Nichols transferred there from Albany. This is what happens to majors when they poach from mid-majors, they are cursed by the basketball Gods. The result is you end up losing to Siena on ESPN. Jay Wright at Villanova recognized this and retired before he had to live through it.

You consider answering Eli’s question “pimping Siena’s wins?” 

13 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Can't talk for DP, but to me it was more Eli pimping 1-6 Florida State win as bigger than same conference Boston college or Washington of pac12 

Edited by bob87

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

Not at all. He was just making conversation about a common opponent.

After Eli posted, I did find myself thinking about big Siena wins. Then I heard Bob87's voice in my head saying "lowly MAAC" until I stopped thinking about Siena.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

When I started this line of conversation, I wasn't considering Florida State the biggest of upsets considering how down they are this season, just that it's big enough of a win to show that they are decent enough this year to win some games. They are better than I thought they'd be. While still embarrassed to lose to them, it feels a little better.