UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #3: 11/12/22 - 7:30PM at Loudonville Community College

Eli

1 minute ago, Dane96 said:

Killings needed to recruit a big.  I thought Kellogg was brought in to help.  Basically, the staff isn't playing Kellogg or Ketner...which means we have literally ZERO bigs other than Beagle.  That's poor.

Likely Kellogg and Ketner have shown them nothing in the preseason....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Albany out hustled, out played and out coached .... by a team that did not receive much respect in their conference preseason poll.

You can say it 

A) By a middle of the pack maac team. 

B. lowly maac team

Either way Albany hasn't shown they can beat teams in the last 2 seasons other than the shocking result last season against BC

Edited by bob87

WTF.  Blow a 16 PT lead and lose by 13!  Siena is not UNC or Kansas.  Inexcusable to get blown out.  Well, back to their D3 schedule.  Let's make the team feel good about themselves with a win until the next D1 game.  Ridiculous.  

13 minutes ago, yboord028 said:

The rotations definitely need to make more sense, I feel like some were just picked out of a hat. Consistent 3 point shooting and big man depth are a big need, it also felt like the team became a band of mercanaries in the 2nd half.

Second year coach and with the exception of one assistant coach .... all new assistants ... how well does the staff know their players? How well does Coach Killings trust his staff's input?

Edited by cwdickens

1 hour ago, Dane96 said:

Killings needed to recruit a big.  I thought Kellogg was brought in to help.  Basically, the staff isn't playing Kellogg or Ketner...which means we have literally ZERO bigs other than Beagle.  That's poor.

Roster construction has been a concern since before the season started and you hit the nail on the head. This is basically how we looked in the first few years of D1 when we'd get destroyed inside.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, godanesgo99 said:

I'm confused. Didn't Jackson miss a layup and get his own rebound leading to that shotclock violation? Doesn't that reset the shot clock?

So the replay isn't available yet, but I found it in the game log and it doesn't make any sense to me. Not that it made a big difference, but it definitely killed any chance of a momentum change.

According to the ESPN App play by play:

3:08 - Billups makes a layup to put Siena up by 8 (67-59)

2:47 - Jackson missed layup

2:45 - Jackson gets own rebound

2:42 - Albany turnover with Shot Clock violation

Did Jackson's layup not hit the rim? If it did, wouldn't that reset the shot clock, or at least give a fresh 20? If it didn't, how did he get his own rebound? Regardless, it hadn't been 30 seconds since Billups had scored. Reddish ended up making a layup as the clock expired so Albany didn't get those 2 points. The shot clock violation definitely pumped up the crowd and really seemed to suck any remaining air out of the teams tires. That would have brought it back to within 6, but instead Albany never got closer than 7 after that.

To me the turning point in the game was when Davis got hurt. He came back and played more but was limping and wasn't himself. Hopefully it was nothing serious and just a minor setback.

Biggest news was Neely getting hurt as well. This team needs him, and needs him badly.

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 1

Team Statistics

Team Statistics
Game Stats ANY Siena
FG% .389 .426
3FG% .364 .529
FT% .667 .606
RB 30 42
TO 12 13
STL 4 4

Team Statistics