UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Final tidbits...how is this clown still employed? Conference record of 33% is absolutely abysmal. He's paid to win the CAA, not the OOC schedule or honestly the playoffs (be real, who's beating the JMU's, NDSU's, etc. at our particular level of football - no one).

As the kids say...he f'ed around, hope he's about to find out.

2022-11-19-20-27-51-UAlbany-CAA-Stats-Co

2022-11-19-20-28-25-UAlbany-Football-Sch

2022-11-19-20-28-54-UAlbany-Football-Sch

Edited by Eli
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Eli said:

Another crappy season is finally over! Hopefully Gattuso's days are literally numbered! #byefelicia

18 hours ago, UA1882 said:

Hopefully he is fired tomorrow and take Benson with him. 

Sorry fellas. I want Gattuso & Benson fired as much as anyone, maybe more actually. BUT form TU, Friday or Saturday print edition:

"It seems very unlikely there will be a change at the top. Gattuso signed a contract extension last December through the 2024 season. If he’s fired before Jan. 1, his contract calls for a $250,000 buyout or a transition to a one-year appointment within the athletic administration at half (about $153,000) of his $305,481 salary. It’s the coach’s choice.

The buyout drops to $125,000 if Gattuso is fired next year. At UAlbany, he is 39-56 overall, 22-45 in the CAA over nine seasons, including 6-19 over his last 25 games since going to the 2019 Football Championship Subdivision playoffs. The Great Danes have lost five games by seven points or fewer this season."

Don't think UA has the $s to buy him out. Maybe we could start a "co-fund buy out" page. As for Benson, I'm guessing he probably has even a more lucrative contract guarantee. The one thing he is good at is covering his A$$. 😂

Edited by dslyank

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Sorry fellas. I want Gattuso & Benson fired as much as anyone, maybe more actually. BUT form TU, Friday or Saturday print edition:

"It seems very unlikely there will be a change at the top. Gattuso signed a contract extension last December through the 2024 season. If he’s fired before Jan. 1, his contract calls for a $250,000 buyout or a transition to a one-year appointment within the athletic administration at half (about $153,000) of his $305,481 salary. It’s the coach’s choice.

The buyout drops to $125,000 if Gattuso is fired next year. At UAlbany, he is 39-56 overall, 22-45 in the CAA over nine seasons, including 6-19 over his last 25 games since going to the 2019 Football Championship Subdivision playoffs. The Great Danes have lost five games by seven points or fewer this season."

Don't think UA has the $s to buy him out. Maybe we could start a "co-fund buy out" page. As for Benson, I'm guessing he probably has even a more lucrative contract guarantee. The one thing he is good at is covering his A$$. 😂

So the Genius has saddled us with the GaLoser…..Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night to football for awhile….a couple years it seems. 

• Like 1

$125k doesnt seem that outrageous. For some reason I thought we were talking about more. I can't imagine we don't have some rich 'booster' who'd be willing to take one for the team to get rid of that dumpster fire? I'm surprised that doofus Benson didn't put clauses into the contract like "finish with at least a .500 or better record each year." Performance clauses seem like common place things in the sports world...you're telling me there is no such clause in GaLoser's contract? YIKES.

EDIT: $125k wouldn't be much if we were selling out the stadium...but alas...GaLoser is the gift that keeps on giving. Sucks so bad you can't fire him because he sucks so bad that only 40% of the stadium is occupied during games. LOL.

EDIT: Ahh, sorry, $250k...$125k next year I guess.

Edited by Eli

1 hour ago, godanesgo99 said:

$250k or $125k? Guess we can't afford to buy him out. No players want to come play for a lame duck coach, so I guess we need to offer him another extension a year early. I mean that's the only way to keep and attract players. That's the smart thing to do right? Right? LOL

Err, right, $250 this year, $125 next...still...so ridiculous he didn't have performance benchmarks to hit especially after only having one good season in his previous contracts lol.

15 hours ago, olddog71 said:

And with football's loss yesterday, the fall season of sports is officially over. Field hockey was very good, but a lot of the other activity was disappointing. 

I consider MSOC, a success .... made the championship game in the AE conference by beating UVM in the semies ... after having to rebuild the team ... the team is made up student athletes with character and pride in what they do