UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I'm sorry, I am old school.  Your a star athlete, the head coach sits in your living room senior year in HS, asks you to play at his school, you accept and commit yourself to that school for 4 years and if you decide to change, you sit out a year.  Now, kids are changing schools like their underwear, no penalties.  Poff thought he could compete at QB and then they bring in a stud.  Did the coach have an idea Ward could come?  Did he tell Poff that a experienced P5 QB may also come aboard?  And if Poff decides to come back to UA, what about the Wisconsin guy we just got?  How would he feel.  Give me the old days, lol.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nysteve661 said:

I'm sorry, I am old school.  Your a star athlete, the head coach sits in your living room senior year in HS, asks you to play at his school, you accept and commit yourself to that school for 4 years and if you decide to change, you sit out a year.  Now, kids are changing schools like their underwear, no penalties.  Poff thought he could compete at QB and then they bring in a stud.  Did the coach have an idea Ward could come?  Did he tell Poff that an experienced P5 QB may also come aboard?  And if Poff decides to come back to UA, what about the Wisconsin guy we just got?  How would he feel.  Give me the old days, lol.  

yea, they did. Been negotiating with ward for over two weeks. Was it a done deal, no.  That’s the risk you take in the portal.   No idea if they were honest to him. 

Poff may not even be QB3 in that locker room. 

He had interest (Poff) from Wash St, UNLV, and a few G5 schools. Like I said, outkicked his coverage.  Great kid, love that he’s betting on himself however his handlers at Excel SM were not thinking straight.  McCoy and Brosmer were. Scooped up instantly.  Says a lot. 

I expect an opening at Michigan but he’s not capable of that kind of jump. 

he should reenter the portal. Will Rogers just reentered with Deborrs move to Alabama. It happens. 

Jaden De Laura is still out there, As is Diego Pavia, Matt Sluka, Tua’s brother (if he get his 7th year), Grayson James (former FAU starter that lost his job), Drew Pyne, and just under two dozen other QBs who were on FBS teams and are in the portal.  Reese is way better than many of them but the jobs left to fight for are slim and none.  

Here’s the deal.  Reese can buck up and stay, fight for the #2 job and hope to start in his senior year and enjoy the perks you get playing for Miami.  He has to understand that it’s a business at that level and Miami will go portaling again next year.   Reese should have stayed or gone a level down (Wash St or UNLV) because if his goal is the. NFL, not playing for two years won’t help. 

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 4

We just got a commitment from Purdue’s backup punter. He will be in the mix to replace Pastula.  Btw, though it’s been out there for a bit, I don’t think many know that Pastula signed with San Diego State. 

Julio Macias @macias861  kicker, 3 years of eligibility remaining. 6’5 240 lbs.

GD11c15WUAA2OZm?format=jpg&name=small

DECOMMITTED from U ALbany?????

Edited by HOF2013

40 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Jamal Cooney @d1_mal  All-Ivy / Phil Steele 1st team Punt Returner, WR 5’10 173 4.38 40

GD1qBgdXIAE9QOV?format=jpg&name=small

This is a really solid pick up. Watched him back in 21 before he took a year off to get bigger.  He has Dev Holmes like skills.  He’s probably about. 15 lbs bigger since he played in 21.  When I saw him live he was dynamic.   Will instantly compete for a return spot.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Are other teams at our level getting this amount of dropdowns from big programs, or is this a function of this year's successs? 

Both.  The CAA seems to be getting some solid kids.  

Maine just picked up Mercer’s starting QB. Really solid pick up. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Jesus, this is nuts.  Wyland did say that being a football coach in college these days is like being a GM now.

I stated earlier...Jimbo Fisher did a interview with Pardon My Take and said the same thing. This is why I think some changes are coming. This is unsustainable. However, I also think this will police itself. Guys are going to run to join the portal and then you see guys like Reese who was a starter and goes to Miami and may be 3rd QB. Sooner or later players, hopefully, will rethink quick movements or movements in general.

What is really interesting is I don't see the need for all this crazy movement, especially from FCS players. This isn't 15-20 years ago when there was zero media attention nationally. I truly believe FCS players can be very very solid NFL/NFL Draft products staying in FCS. Yes you got insane freaks of talent like Verse. I just don't get why guys from the CAA would run to conferences like the MAC, Conference USA or Sun Belt when they would get equal if not more media attention staying in the FCS.

20 minutes ago, GreatDanes06 said:

I stated earlier...Jimbo Fisher did a interview with Pardon My Take and said the same thing. This is why I think some changes are coming. This is unsustainable. However, I also think this will police itself. Guys are going to run to join the portal and then you see guys like Reese who was a starter and goes to Miami and may be 3rd QB. Sooner or later players, hopefully, will rethink quick movements or movements in general.

What is really interesting is I don't see the need for all this crazy movement, especially from FCS players. This isn't 15-20 years ago when there was zero media attention nationally. I truly believe FCS players can be very very solid NFL/NFL Draft products staying in FCS. Yes you got insane freaks of talent like Verse. I just don't get why guys from the CAA would run to conferences like the MAC, Conference USA or Sun Belt when they would get equal if not more media attention staying in the FCS.

Other than the MAC a lot of those play in bigger markets = more NIL potential.