UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Amon Walker @AmonWalker5 Indiana State, 6’2, 172 lbs, 3 years eligibility left   HS video https://www.hudl.com/video/3/15691389/617c11a4688f160344d436c9
Blessed to receive a pwo from Ualbany @Coach_KuligJ @DWalls2ND

Committed to Butler CC

Edited by HOF2013

38 minutes ago, MRuler 79 said:

Rutgers? What a waste. If he were going to FSU, Georgia or Arkansas I could understand it.

Easy drive for parents from Maryland.... depending on schedule an instate drive for his parents

2 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Big 10 is Big 10.

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

Easy drive for parents from Maryland.... depending on schedule an instate drive for his parents

Both statements are very true and I do wish him nothing but the best!!! Rutgers, Syracuse, Temple, UConn, UMass IMO are all a waste of time. I even think BC or Pitt would of been better fits. I assume the whole reason to move to FBS (Jared Verse) is to have a shot at the NFL. The problem is the NFL isin't beating down the doors of Rutgers for their next franchise QB. In fact I cant think of a single QB to make an NFL roster from Rutgers. Matt Ryan Boston College, Kenny Pickett from Pitt, Donvan McNabb (a long time ago) from Syracuse are the only ones I can think of. I think he would have had just a good a shot coming from UA as he does from Rutgers. 

It will be very different/difficult once he lines up against Michigan, Ohio State etc. with an OL from Rutgers as opposed to lining up against Richmond or Rhode Island. If he flops at the Big 10 level the scouts will know RIGHT AWAY and then he may be passed over. At least if he stayed at UA and rewrote the record books NFL scouts would be intrigued and either draft him or offer him a FA contract with the notion that he played "small school" football and unproven against top competition but lets see how he does against NFL players in camp and preseason games.

I really hope he takes the Big 10 by storm!!!  GOOD LUCK 7!!!! 

Edited by MRuler 79

2 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Big 10 is Big 10.

Plus they were much better this year AND won a bowl game.  Their young QB could not throw the ball.  He is a run QB and their running game was good this year.  Lifetime friend went to Rutgers has season tickets.  We talked about every game and I watched a couple.

Edited by HOF2013

41 minutes ago, MRuler 79 said:

Both statements are very true and I do wish him nothing but the best!!! Rutgers, Syracuse, Temple, UConn, UMass IMO are all a waste of time. I even think BC or Pitt would of been better fits. I assume the whole reason to move to FBS (Jared Verse) is to have a shot at the NFL. The problem is the NFL isin't beating down the doors of Rutgers for their next franchise QB. In fact I cant think of a single QB to make an NFL roster from Rutgers. Matt Ryan Boston College, Kenny Pickett from Pitt, Donvan McNabb (a long time ago) from Syracuse are the only ones I can think of. I think he would have had just a good a shot coming from UA as he does from Rutgers. 

It will be very different/difficult once he lines up against Michigan, Ohio State etc. with an OL from Rutgers as opposed to lining up against Richmond or Rhode Island. If he flops at the Big 10 level the scouts will know RIGHT AWAY and then he may be passed over. At least if he stayed at UA and rewrote the record books NFL scouts would be intrigued and either draft him or offer him a FA contract with the notion that he played "small school" football and unproven against top competition but lets see how he does against NFL players in camp and preseason games.

I really hope he takes the Big 10 by storm!!!  GOOD LUCK 7!!!! 

Or conversely, if he truly thinks he can make the NFL, he wants to play against the best competition, so if Rutgers gives him the best chance, then that makes more sense to me.  The Big 10 is a better conference top to bottom than the ACC (and probably anyone other than the SEC and that might be a toss-up this year).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ummm...are we talking Poffenbarger?  Because they just signed two QBs from FBS plus the two they have in their room.  I'd be surprised by this and I have not heard about this from anyone I know at Rutgers.  If he goes there, it's a huge mistake.   In addition, they have an incoming high level recruit at QB.

This does not make sense at all...and it's not like he'd be getting NIL money. 

Edited by Dane96

23 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Ummm...are we talking Poffenbarger?  Because they just signed two QBs from FBS plus the two they have in their room.  I'd be surprised by this and I have not heard about this from anyone I know at Rutgers.  If he goes there, it's a huge mistake.   In addition, they have an incoming high level recruit at QB.

This does not make sense at all...and it's not like he'd be getting NIL money. 

That's what I was alluding to! I haven't seen Poff land anywhere. Brosmer was picked up within a few hours by Minnesota.

4 hours ago, ctdanes said:

I was referring to the Athan. Transferring from Minnesota to Rutgers. Sorry for the confusion 😅

Right now, Poffs best bet is to return to Albany.  Going to a MAC team or Sun Belt team only works if he's a starter on a really good team. I think he's highly outkicking his coverage.  He got bailed out a ton--and I love his gunslinger nature--by his WRs this year.  

• Like 1