UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Around the country hoops season 2023....

Bryant with a big 9 PT win over #10 FAU, a Final Four team last year.  Bryant coach Grasso resigned Monday and Phil Martelli Jr took over Wed, lost to winless BU, then beats FAU.  UVM running off some good victories, UML playing well, and now Bryant.  UA better beat up UNH, NJIT, Maine, and Bing if they want to be about .500 in AE play.

On 11/15/2023 at 8:52 PM, Clickclack said:

Yeah that's it...to bad he didn't help when he was here. 

Iati scored 1,142 points in his career at UAlbany, leading the Great Danes to two America East Conference Championships and two NCAA Tournament appearances. He was named the 2004 America East Rookie of the Year, and led the nation in minutes played in 2003-04. He graduated as UAlbany's career leader in games played, while also ranking second and sixth, respectively, in three-pointers made and points scored all-time for the Great Danes in Division I play. 

Jon Iati, with the team since 2012, was promoted to associate head coach for the 2017-18 season. He helped UAlbany to six consecutive national postseason appearances, including three consecutive America East Championships from 2013-15.

Sorry  your comment is way off base. You are welcome to your opinion of course. But just two reprints from Jon's bio IMHO seem to say the opposite. IMHO Jon's was an amazing asset to UA both as a player and coach. Could site more but not trying to change your mine; like I said your welcome to your opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Iati scored 1,142 points in his career at UAlbany, leading the Great Danes to two America East Conference Championships and two NCAA Tournament appearances. He was named the 2004 America East Rookie of the Year, and led the nation in minutes played in 2003-04. He graduated as UAlbany's career leader in games played, while also ranking second and sixth, respectively, in three-pointers made and points scored all-time for the Great Danes in Division I play. 

Jon Iati, with the team since 2012, was promoted to associate head coach for the 2017-18 season. He helped UAlbany to six consecutive national postseason appearances, including three consecutive America East Championships from 2013-15.

Sorry  your comment is way off base. You are welcome to your opinion of course. But just two reprints from Jon's bio IMHO seem to say the opposite. IMHO Jon's was an amazing asset to UA both as a player and coach. Could site more but not trying to change your mine; like I said your welcome to your opinion.

No one is diminishing his greatness for UA especially as a player. He's an all-timer here... But to prescribe to him the success of UML as if he's the head coach is silly. I'm sure he is an asset to UML and at some point HC'ng is probably in his future as it should be. He always was a sharp basketball mind. 

But this is a ridiculous comment... "Well, what would expect when they have Jon Iati as one of their assistant coaches.

In Jon's tenure as associate head coach #2 (promoted 2017-18 season) on the staff UA went 40-36 in the AE. The last 3 years of his time here UA was sub .500. 

To prescribe to him and solely him the success of UML is nothing more then continued cult of personality worship of years gone-bye.  I hope to see him a HC one day. I have no doubt he is an asset to UML and honestly, not sure if it would ever happen but would not mind seeing him get a shot at UA. I think he has the temperament and the basketball mind to be a HC and probably fairly soon. I'm a Iati fan, he and Brent Wilson were 2 of my favorites both of whom I believe are a credit to the Will Brown coaching tree and will at some point be D1 HC's. 

Just so there is no confusion, my comment was directed at him being the reason for UML's early success. That's it...

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, alum73 said:

Maybe it was tongue in cheek 

It's possible...maybe two throwaway comments his and mine taking a bit to seriously. In any case...whatever. 

I just wanted to clear up on my end...I'm a Iati guy. I appreciate his contribution to the program UA has become with some great highs. 

Edited by Clickclack

3 hours ago, Clickclack said:

It's possible...maybe two throwaway comments his and mine taking a bit to seriously. In any case...whatever. 

I just wanted to clear up on my end...I'm a Iati guy. I appreciate his contribution to the program UA has become with some great highs. 

Really?  Next thing you will be a Guttuso supporter....

• Like 1