UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ LCC 12/13 ( not the day whiny patsos wanted)

From the T-U blog

"This was done with Patrick and our team’s best interests at heart,” Siena head coach Jimmy Patsos said in a school news release. “It wasn’t one incident; he just needs to take some time away from basketball and refocus his priorities. It’s not an easy decision to make, .... There are standards and expectations everyone is expected to meet.”

Siena said Cole is welcome to return to school when classes resume on Jan. 12."

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was he suspended for? Don't have time to go read their forum.

This hasn't been answered yet...timing may suggest grades but there is a rumor he got married 3 weeks ago. Not sure really...

From the T-U blog

"This was done with Patrick and our team’s best interests at heart,” Siena head coach Jimmy Patsos said in a school news release. “It wasn’t one incident; he just needs to take some time away from basketball and refocus his priorities. It’s not an easy decision to make, .... There are standards and expectations everyone is expected to meet.”

Siena said Cole is welcome to return to school when classes resume on Jan. 12."

Earlier this year pool sat out because he punched another team member...Wolfe was run off...that program is coming apart at the seams.

3084516.jpg

Edited by Ilko

Siena forum complete dumpster fire, kids suspended, fighting, Long injured for like a month.

Fans looking for the next thing that moves to throw it under the bus. Tough year for those folks.

I thought they were the next Gonzaga?! hahahahaaa!! Sucks for the players and students but happy their arrogant fans are having a rough time. They deserve it.

Siena forum complete dumpster fire, kids suspended, fighting, Long injured for like a month.

Fans looking for the next thing that moves to throw it under the bus. Tough year for those folks.

I thought they were the next Gonzaga?! hahahahaaa!! Sucks for the players and students but happy their arrogant fans are having a rough time. They deserve it.

This.

As a college basketball fan, and someone who wants to root for both programs, I truely feel bad and hope $iena can find a way to right the ship and play some competitive ball.

Thanks to the arrogance of their fans, and the TU writing staff, I find myself being overjoyed at their freefall.I shouldn't get so much satisfaction out of it, but it just makes me smile.

This.

As a college basketball fan, and someone who wants to root for both programs, I truely feel bad and hope $iena can find a way to right the ship and play some competitive ball.

Thanks to the arrogance of their fans, and the TU writing staff, I find myself being overjoyed at their freefall.I shouldn't get so much satisfaction out of it, but it just makes me smile.

I really don't understand people "wanting" to root for them. They are what they are . That in turns makes it very easy to root against them. I also enjoyed hearing the stories from a few here on how their "Arrogance" was "repaid" back in the day :)

Saw on the TImes Union blog that the Siena contract is up with the TU center at the end of 15-16 season and there has not been an extension yet. Does anyone know if Albany can host a game down there next year in the current contract Siena has with them?

I'm curious to see what Albany would draw if they played a home game down there. I would like to think that they'd draw a lot better as it is more comfortable for fans than the SEFCU, but not by much. Maybe host a game or two down there. Similar to how Temple used the Wells Fargo Arena or how St John's uses MSG for only a few games a season.

Saw on the TImes Union blog that the Siena contract is up with the TU center at the end of 15-16 season and there has not been an extension yet. Does anyone know if Albany can host a game down there next year in the current contract Siena has with them?

I'm curious to see what Albany would draw if they played a home game down there. I would like to think that they'd draw a lot better as it is more comfortable for fans than the SEFCU, but not by much. Maybe host a game or two down there. Similar to how Temple used the Wells Fargo Arena or how St John's uses MSG for only a few games a season.

Nothing is preventing UA from having a game down there next year...regardless of the TUC contract with Siena. I've been told that as of the last contract Siena and the TUC entered into that there is virtually no buffer +/- around their game locking us out. When we first went D1, they had that facilities locked up good...virtually eliminating the option for us to play down there.

UA's decision not to have games at the TUC has nothing to do with Siena from what I'm told, UA simply has not interest at this point to go down there. In fact the TUC has tried to get UA to take a game or two down there.

I would love to see two games next year down there, one OOC and one AE. What's the worst that can happen?

Edited by Clickclack

Nothing is preventing UA from having a game down there next year...regardless of the TUC contract with Siena. I've been told that as of the last contract Siena and the TUC entered into that there is virtually no buffer +/- around their game locking us out. When we first went D1, they had that facilities locked up good...virtually eliminating the option for us to play down there.

UA's decision not to have games at the TUC has nothing to do with Siena from what I'm told, UA simply has not interest at this point to go down there. In fact the TUC has tried to get UA to take a game or two down there.

I would love to see two games next year down there, one OOC and one AE. What's the worst that can happen?

Yup. I absolutely agee

Quite a number of years ago UA had a 5-year contract with Syracuse. We were allowed to host the contest one year, and that game was held at the TUC. If I recall correctly, the crowd of 10,000 was very partisan for Syracuse. Maybe for that reason UA is reticent about holding another game down there. On the other hand, our situation has vastly improved since those times.

Quite a number of years ago UA had a 5-year contract with Syracuse. We were allowed to host the contest one year, and that game was held at the TUC. If I recall correctly, the crowd of 10,000 was very partisan for Syracuse. Maybe for that reason UA is reticent about holding another game down there. On the other hand, our situation has vastly improved since those times.

Believe that was 2002. Also tickets were expensive for back then. $35 and $30 if memory is correct. Don't know if the high cost was to cover rent to knick or "guarantee " to Syracuse . Also don't know how the cost structure is today , but it could be that is is just not worth playing down there until after we are turning people away at our building.