UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Big Purple Growl 2/7 Lowell

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great way to win over a crowd.

This has been an uninspiring, piss-poor, poorly executed, performance.

Awful...no spirit, which is freaking sad considering the crowd. I wish we were playing UNH, UVM, or SBU right now; the players would be more "into it".

Will was right during the post game interview. The team is becoming over confident with their record and abilities. I hate to say this. Maybe we do need a conference loss to bring the team down to earth. IMO, just as past will brown teams have gone, they play down to the opponent level. We have to show that we can sustain a big lead and not give it back.

Great win tonight. 11-0 in AE Hoops. Lets make it 12.

Great crowd tonight. The suspense kept most of them there late. Hopefully they'll be back.

Slick new shirts on the pep band. I have to admit, I'm not hippie but I like the tie-dyed stuff better. Sound was great.

We're not playing at a high level for 40 minutes but getting away with it for now.

A few games ago we were worried that only four guys scored. Tonight eight guys played and all of them scored and all of them grabbed at least one rebound.

We're 11-0 and I'm cranky about a 10 point win in front of a sell-out crowd. That's actually a pretty good place to be.

Heard staff say its almost sold out.

When calculating whether our game is sold out do they include all season tickets that were sold already regardless of whether the person shows up?

I believe most venues count tickets sold not people who walk through the door.

I missed the game, but sounds like a sloppy game. I watched the highlights and that Enemma dunk came out of no where lol. These past two games could have easily been losses, but we've managed to pull out wins. They need to learn from these close games and a W is always better than a L. Peter Hooley coming back at the perfect time.

Some alarming statistics from last night: (1) 67% as a team for our free throws (I noticed some of our shots falling short as the game wears on; need to bend the knees on each FT and get those tired legs into the shot); (2) 17 turnovers (!), presumably 10 of which came from UMass's 10 steals, which in turn leads to fast breaks. If we are going to turn the ball over at least throw it out of bounds.