UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #9: 12/8/18 - 7PM vs Monmouth

Eli

Good game overall; especially the second half.

Monmouth is not as bad as their record indicates. Their problem is they do not shoot the three well--our bugaboo. I think they made all their 3's  (5) in the first half . I don't know if our defense in the second half, finally stepped up and learned how to defend the three or just the %ages for Monmouth taking over. I hope the former, but more of the same needed before our bugaboo fixed?? Monmouth inside game is good, took us to cleaners in the paint and rebounds. Hanks helped negate that in the second half.

Going forward hopefully we play like yesterday's second half. And the "lowly macc"* {Bob 87*}, better not get fooled by Monmouth's record especially, if they find their 3pt. range a little. 

Edited by dslyank

56 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Woof just over 1900 for the attendance yesterday. Times are tuff

We have gone rounds on this on this board. I suggested lower ticket prices but most disagree on here regarding that . 

I would love to know or hear the marketing strategy.  

Would love to know the marketing budget . 

I just feel that the university does not care about attendance.  Hopefully I'm wrong , but if u disagree please state examples as to why they care. 

I saw Mark Benson and Vic Cegles observing the game more likely counting heads from ground level in the southeast corner of SEFCU Arena.  I did not observe any smiles and both disappeared before halftime.  St. Bonaventure attendance was 3400 in game in the middle of week in Olean.  Are we doing something wrong?

Blame attendance on Healy.  He played with RJ Barrett on Monteverde team in FL.  He needed to convince him to come play for UA and CB instead of some loser program at Duke and some guy named Coach K whose won a couple of games I believe.  All those dunks would pack SEFCU every game I bet. 😁😁😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cwdickens said:

I noted that Lauderdale did not play .... 

Lauderdale and Brooks seemed to lose out in the numbers game in the Rizzuto debut. Devonte got more time at PF when we played Clark, Healy and Rizzuto. Devonte getting PF minutes doesn't help Lauderdale's cause at all. We'll see if he gets more time or if they stay with French at the big guy off the bench. Either way, I like our bigs this year.

I'm still not sure who are backup PG is going to be. Kind of looks like Ray Miller is going to hold down that spot?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dslyank said:

Monmouth is not as bad as their record indicates. Their problem is they do not shoot the three well--our bugaboo. I think they made all their 3's  (5) in the first half . I don't know if our defense in the second half, finally stepped up and learned how to defend the three or just the %ages for Monmouth taking over. I hope the former, but more of the same needed before our bugaboo fixed?? Monmouth inside game is good, took us to cleaners in the paint and rebounds. Hanks helped negate that in the second half.

They are pretty big and athletic but their shooting is bad. They didn't really seem to capitalize on those great years they had with recruiting. At least not yet.

Thought we might see Melik Martin last night. We had offered him at one point before he committed to Monmouth. Not sure if he's injured or not.

2 hours ago, UA1882 said:

We have gone rounds on this on this board. I suggested lower ticket prices but most disagree on here regarding that . 

I would love to know or hear the marketing strategy.  

Would love to know the marketing budget . 

I just feel that the university does not care about attendance.  Hopefully I'm wrong , but if u disagree please state examples as to why they care. 

Drop the stupid 10 dollar parking charge and drop tickets by 20%... They are pricing many folks out. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

I saw Mark Benson and Vic Cegles observing the game more likely counting heads from ground level in the southeast corner of SEFCU Arena.  I did not observe any smiles and both disappeared before halftime.  St. Bonaventure attendance was 3400 in game in the middle of week in Olean.  Are we doing something wrong?

Olean is in the middle of nowhere.  If you live there you'll be delighted to go to a game.  Like living in the North Country, every hockey game is the place to be.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cwdickens said:

They are in that corner virtually every game. Benson often walks around though and stops by our section because prez Rodriquez sits in our section on the first row in the corner almost every game. I love that he attends. The last guy was a tool and never attended games...at least from what I remember.

8 hours ago, Eli said:

They are in that corner virtually every game. Benson often walks around though and stops by our section because prez Rodriquez sits in our section on the first row in the corner almost every game. I love that he attends. The last guy was a tool and never attended games...at least from what I remember.

The interim president James Heller sat in the same spot a bunch if times. He was a good dude.