UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #16: 1/5/19 - 7PM vs UVM **COACHES CURE CF GAME**

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 6:36 PM, Eli said:

yIMO strategy for this game should be to let Lamb get his and stop everyone else. Dude is a monster. In the last few years...who's been more dominant in the AE, Lamb or Warney?

Lamb missing much of last year throws the Warney comparison off - A.L. will need to just continue at his pace and work to get better before I say he is on Warney Level, but he is close. If you let him " get his " , you could be giving up 40+ to one player

Edited by JRUGGS

In Daugherty's T-U blog, Lulka took a spill in practice. "Brown said “structurally, there is nothing broken, so it’s going to be a tolerance of pain and how quickly it gets better.”" “We’re preparing that we won’t have him,” Brown said, “and if we do have him, it’s a bonus.”

1 hour ago, JRUGGS said:

Lamb missing much of last year throws the Warney comparison off - A.L. will need to just continue at his pace and work to get better before I say he is on Warney Level, but he is close. If you let him " get his " , you could be giving up 40+ to one player

I think if you collapse on him all the time he'll just find open guys who'll kill us from deep or drives to the hoop as our defenders fly by them trying to prevent the outside shot. We have a lot of young guys...I don't expect them to be disciplined in not biting on the pump fakes at the 3pt line, etc.

IMO, watch the shooters, prevent easy cuts to the basket and cut off Lambs passing lanes. If he scores, it'll likely be 2 points. If he dishes out, it may be 3.

We are at 66% of the fundraising be goal. thank you so much for everyone who has supported! Feel free to pass along the link in the first post of this thread to anyone who you think might be interested. It's great that we raised so much over just six years from a small fundraiser. Every little bit helps!

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 2

I'll be curious to see how Moll plays in his first game back to the area and his home fans. Between Colonie and the Catamount fans who travel there will probably be a big Vermont contingent at Sefcu.

This should be fun. It's an opportunity game for us. I'm guessing Devonte starts at the PF if Lulka can't play?

TU headline : Campbell licking his chops for Lamb. Wants to be DPOY and also Sixth Man of the Year. Relishes the challenge of Lamb, after Lyles last year. Is adjusting to coming in off the bench, after cooling down from pregame.

Brown talks about Lamb: 

“It used to be just play off him, and his freshman year they posted him up a lot more. Now he’s just so well-rounded. He’s a true scorer, and he’s so darned physical that he’s a tough matchup. If we put Campbell on him, they’ll send him down to the block and post Campbell up. If we put any of our bigs on him, he’ll float on the perimeter and attack off the dribble.”

20 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

TU headline : Campbell licking his chops for Lamb. Wants to be DPOY and also Sixth Man of the Year. Relishes the challenge of Lamb, after Lyles last year. Is adjusting to coming in off the bench, after cooling down from pregame.

Brown talks about Lamb: 

“It used to be just play off him, and his freshman year they posted him up a lot more. Now he’s just so well-rounded. He’s a true scorer, and he’s so darned physical that he’s a tough matchup. If we put Campbell on him, they’ll send him down to the block and post Campbell up. If we put any of our bigs on him, he’ll float on the perimeter and attack off the dribble.”

What a dumb tu headline... Campbell with his cement shoes is gonna give up a 30 spot... But you gotta try defending him. 

Edited by Clickclack

My guess is that Lulka plays tonight . Brown seems to do this a lot, where he says a guy MAY not play and he ends up playing 30 mins . If he does I dont know how effective he will be. I really hope we dont get blown out tonight. Need to keep this young team growing. Need to Make it difficult on Lamb.

Hoping for a good game tonight. 

Colonie Booster‏ @ColonieBooster 2h2 hours ago

Tickets are available at the door at SUNY SEFCU arena tonight Albany vs Vermont at 7pm. Ask for tickets in the Vermont section 500 to join Colonie fans! Let's go Isaiah - Vermont

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, MRSGDG said:

Colonie Booster‏ @ColonieBooster 2h2 hours ago

Tickets are available at the door at SUNY SEFCU arena tonight Albany vs Vermont at 7pm. Ask for tickets in the Vermont section 500 to join Colonie fans! Let's go Isaiah - Vermont

What a freaking disgrace... Local fans sitting in uvm section cheering on a uvm team even if they have one local kid... What a joke. 

43 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

What a freaking disgrace... Local fans sitting in uvm section cheering on a uvm team even if they have one local kid... What a joke. 

Pretty sure that if the reason they're going to the game is specifically to cheer on Moll and Vermont..then they're not local "fans." This type of thing happens all the time with local Capital Region players visiting..men and women. Same thing happens when UAlbany plays near the home of our players.

UAlbany still gets the ticket sales! :D

• Like 1