UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

58 minutes ago, UAlbany09 said:

This is a little off topic, but are they planning on putting up a CAA championship banner somewhere at Casey Stadium? 

The meet & greet for season ticket holders is this afternoon, maybe they’ll mention it then

7 hours ago, UAlbany09 said:

This is a little off topic, but are they planning on putting up a CAA championship banner somewhere at Casey Stadium? 

I was told that they'd thought about putting something on top of the scoreboard, but 1. it would cost $10,000 every time they changed it, and 2. they didn't want to do that without also recognizing the lacrosse championships won on that field.

There were 19 people watching the workout, including Bob Ford and Don Mion.

Gattuso said he was happy with the amount of depth we have this year, more than last year when we kind of lucked out injury-wise.

They're planning on moving fan parking from Dutch Quad to the practice fields near the Western Ave. entrance. Of course they'll have to find a way to put lights in there, and hope it doesn't get a lot of rain.

That is such bs they should have banners for M and WLax and Football.  Championships are important and should be honored as such.  There are other places to Nickel and Dime.  Not saying it should be $10000.  But a thousand should be able to get you a nice banner that you can add too.  Please don't tell me the banners for mens and womens basketball cost 10,000.

• Like 1

There will be new pads going up around the berm wall, Pads are there but not up yet.

16 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

I was told that they'd thought about putting something on top of the scoreboard, but 1. it would cost $10,000 every time they changed it, and 2. they didn't want to do that without also recognizing the lacrosse championships won on that field.

There were 19 people watching the workout, including Bob Ford and Don Mion.

Gattuso said he was happy with the amount of depth we have this year, more than last year when we kind of lucked out injury-wise.

They're planning on moving fan parking from Dutch Quad to the practice fields near the Western Ave. entrance. Of course they'll have to find a way to put lights in there, and hope it doesn't get a lot of rain.

I  was hoping Fordy would be at a morning practice like he usually has been.   I go about twice per week so did not go yesterday, even though I had signed up.

I was told a new parking lot for season ticket holders was going in behind the scoreboard as well~~~ was not from a coach or admin., so don't know how accurate that was.

Edited by HOF2013

Just now, HOF2013 said:

There will be new pads going up around the berm wall, Pads are there but not up yet.

I  was hoping Fordy would be at a morning practice like he usually has been.   I go about twice per week so did not go yesterday, even though I had signed up.

I was told a new parking lot for season ticket holders was going in behind the scoreboard as well~~~

11 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

The $10K wasn’t for a banner but for replacing the top panel of the scoreboard with a tribute. Still seems steep

Things are much more expensive as we all know.  They also repainted the outside and back of the scoreboard black.    Men were working on the stadium seats yesterday, tightening etc.  I know there has talk about repainted the front of the upper deck facade - looks pretty bad.

Well…here ya go…

my question is, why not just make it a full blown parking lot. You’re clearly not using the field for practice anymore. Make it specifically for football. I do like the idea of condensing everything into an area and not having to walk from Dutch to get to field. But as stated, get a bad rain, it may get interesting in a make shift grass lot. 

2 hours ago, ctdanes said:

Glad the school finally gave in to tailgating. Massive part of college football that was more or less frowned upon while I was at school 

In the 20 plus years of Division 1 Football, in which I have always been a season ticketholder, I have no recollection that the university taking any action to discourage tailgating.  For some reason, tailgating went on a decline prior to 2019.  I have recollections of weak attempts to encourage tailgating without any meaningful results.

University police maybe didn’t get the memo. Was tougher to enjoy as an underclassman compared to most other schools I’d been to.

Also not enough early start games late in the season. Nobody wants to sit in 25 degree twilight  to watch a 3-9 team. 

Things are looking much better nowadays though! Credit where it’s due 

18 hours ago, GreatDanes06 said:

not having to walk from Dutch to get to field.

Walking is HEALTHY for US. Have we all just turned into coach potatoes? Isn't part of being a supporter of Athletics, trying to stay in athletic shape ourselves as much as possible? 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️

ps the Walk from Dutch is/was not near as bad many other facilities I've been to over the years🏃‍♂️😮‍💨

6 hours ago, dslyank said:

Walking is HEALTHY for US. Have we all just turned into coach potatoes? Isn't part of being a supporter of Athletics, trying to stay in athletic shape ourselves as much as possible? 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️

ps the Walk from Dutch is/was not near as bad many other facilities I've been to over the years🏃‍♂️😮‍💨

Walking isn't the issue. At least for basketball, the issue was walking against a nasty windchill lol.