UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

WE GOT A TV GAME!!!!! AHHHH

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great game for the Danes!!!! Jeff Capel is a well-respected coach, who played at Duke in the late 90s and could probably get a higher D1 job any time now.

This squad went to the NCAAs in 2004 and NIT last year. I think we have our hands full with this matchup. VCU is 9-0 at home, tied for 2nd in the CAA and posted solid double-digit wins over Hofstra and Richmond as well as close road losses at Houston and UAB.

How far is Richmond from Albany by car?

This is a great game for the Danes!!!!  Jeff Capel is a well-respected coach, who played at Duke in the late 90s and could probably get a higher D1 job any time now.

This squad went to the NCAAs in 2004 and NIT last year.  I think we have our hands full with this matchup.  VCU is 9-0 at home, tied for 2nd in the CAA and posted solid double-digit wins over Hofstra and Richmond as well as close road losses at Houston and UAB.

11450[/snapback]

About 10 hours....did it last year.

Dane 96 -

You sure?

It looks more like 7.5 - 8 hours to me.  How many hours south of Baltimore is it?

11455[/snapback]

Add about 2 hours of beltway traffic to your time. About 5 1/2 to UMaryland on a non-traffic day....can another 2 to richmond. There are a couple of routes. You probably could make it in 8...but i was giving you worst case.

This is a great game for the Danes!!!!  Jeff Capel is a well-respected coach, who played at Duke in the late 90s and could probably get a higher D1 job any time now.

This squad went to the NCAAs in 2004 and NIT last year.  I think we have our hands full with this matchup.  VCU is 9-0 at home, tied for 2nd in the CAA and posted solid double-digit wins over Hofstra and Richmond as well as close road losses at Houston and UAB.

11450[/snapback]

Actually, we won that game at Houston.

If you are driving to Richmond, try to avoid the DC area. It is brutal, and the traffic jams don't exist just at the rush hours.

US 301 is a good alternate sometimes, and it brings you back to I-95 near Fredericksburg. After that, it is not too bad to Richmond.

Other people may have more successful routes.

If you are driving to Richmond, try to avoid the DC area. It is brutal, and the traffic jams don't exist just at the rush hours.

US 301 is a good alternate sometimes, and it brings you back to I-95 near Fredericksburg. After that, it is not too bad to Richmond.

Other people may have more successful routes.

11463[/snapback]

The official time and distance from UA to VCU is 7 hours 35 minutes and 493 miles accourding to AAA.com. It is 150 miles from UMBC. It took me a little more tham 5 hours to get to UMBC the last time I went there.

Also it has taken me as long as 3 hours to go 60 miles around DC. Last time I drove south I hit it at the wrong time and did not move more than 30 miles on hour for almost 3 hours for no reason other than volume. Here is hoping we get a Saturday game as opposed to a Friday night. If the game is Saturday I am there!!!