UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Public Funding for Stadium

ATL_DANE

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From a PR standpoint shouldn't they be pushing that $42mm number first to sort of ease people into it?

Or 'Just $3 million per year'... (for the next 30 years, counting interest on the bonds)

Or

$3 million per year for the next 30 years, counting interest on the bonds.....

• 2 weeks later...
Here's a shocker: that T-U hack Ettkin has a front-page column opposing public funding of the stadium Don't tell us to carry this ball

I better not see him mooching free food at the press table

I emailed this guy to remind him that his words have an impact. This isn't some abstract argument. He could cost his community a needed public project.

Fact is UA will get some funding from NYS. Will it be $60,000,000? I hope so, but probably not. Don't get me started on my thoughts about our State Govt. I will just leave it with the taxes I pay to live here in NYS is mind numbing. But I imagine they(UA's braintrust) figured they would ask for an outlandish amount and recieve a large sum but less the 60. If this occurs then the stadium will be built for LESS $...42. Or as a last resort as I hate to say go to "Plan B"

Can someone explain to me why they don't raise student fees like they do at every other school to pay for this stadium?

Here's a shocker: that T-U hack Ettkin has a front-page column opposing public funding of the stadium Don't tell us to carry this ball

I better not see him mooching free food at the press table

He raised some good points, but he's being a Stony Brook about it. The $60MM isnt the total cost of the stadium, right? I think I read only $42MM is allocated to the stadium itself. The rest goes towards other improvements. I do agree that UA needs more private support but as another member stated already, Dr. McElroy probably has a major deal in the works. At least I hope he does.

It is really important to show public support for this project. I am working on my letter today.

I came to the conclusion that while I support the stadium project, I am not motivated enough to send out letters on my own.

Rather than piggy-back on somebody else's letter, I was thinking that some of the local posters should organize a grassroots booster program where we can meet and plan an organized method of attack. We will take our fight to the streets, but of course do so in a cogent and organized manner.

What do you say?

It is really important to show public support for this project. I am working on my letter today.

I came to the conclusion that while I support the stadium project, I am not motivated enough to send out letters on my own.

Rather than piggy-back on somebody else's letter, I was thinking that some of the local posters should organize a grassroots booster program where we can meet and plan an organized method of attack. We will take our fight to the streets, but of course do so in a cogent and organized manner.

What do you say?

I'm bringing my TRIDENT!

What do you say?

I'm bringing my TRIDENT!

That's one....Anybody else? Back room of Across the Street Pub. We will need some drawing boards and lots of space.

I watched USF beat West Virginia last night, and after doing some research on the USF program I found out that in 1997 they were a 1-AA team. In 10 years they've gone from 1-AA to a nationally ranked BCS team with victories over Auburn and the number 5 team in the country this season. What environment do they have that has allowed them to move that quickly in building up their program?

Archived