UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stadium Funding and UAlbany Flagship

uofalbany

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are debating and voting on bills as we speak.

I don't know when they will be voting on the bill that contains the Stadium funds, but if you are interested in viewing and listening:

http://real.assembly.state.ny.us/ramgen/ch...video-high.smil

They are confident that they will have a budget by Sunday or sooner.

Update/NonUpdate on Capitol $$

As asked in another post in another thread, I thought I might also post this here, for those who care:

As for the capital money, I am out today because I am sick, but still have access to the online bill tracking system from my apartment. They haven't seemed to update online yet the new bill numbers or updated the old A9801-9810 bills with the new amended versions that the Senate & Assembly would have to agree on. I do remember seeing a NYT article that said Silver said they were going to begin voting on them today which means they will have to assign bill numbers to the bills, once they do the text of the new budget bills should be online.. but as of right now they aren't.

If people are interested they can view the budget bills here (but right now I think they are still the non-amended ones): http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/menuf.cgi

Update 2:

Apparently the senate and assembly are much farther apart on the budget than the news is reporting. There have been no budget bills printed because in reality there is still no agreements on any of the 10 budget bills. I have confirmed that the bill numbers will be the same, just updated with amended letters, so the education budget bill is A.9803 / S.6803 (currently an "A" version but most likely will become a B, C or D version by the time the budget is finally agreed upon. If I hear anything else I will post it.

MsGDG detailed the Bill #'s very well above.

Wait-- they usually go in order unless the agenda is changed, correct GDG or MsGDG (my memory is hazy on that part). So if that were the case, they would have already voted on it.

Or am I wrong.

Wait-- they usually go in order unless the agenda is changed, correct GDG or MsGDG (my memory is hazy on that part). So if that were the case, they would have already voted on it.

Or am I wrong.

Seems like they are going out of order because I think they already passed the Health and Mental Hygiene Budget Bill (S 6804-D/A 9804-D) and the Public Protection and General Government Budget Bill (S 6800-D/A 9800-D).

I'm not 100% sure on that though.

Haha. They're adjourned becuase its 4pm on a friday and they're state employees!

That's BS. They should be forced to stay there until the whole budget is voted on, especially since it's late.

True, but it could be worse, they could work for the IRS.....every other Friday off!

The republicans called a very quick emergency meeting, and said they would return shortly..... hence the reason for the delay. They will be returning.

Emergency! Joe Bruno's hair is out of place and the Republicans need to consult with John Bonancic to determine a plan of action to fix it.

Sorry. I couldn't resist. There is so much good material watching this stuff.

Or am I wrong.

Seems like they are going out of order because I think they already passed the Health and Mental Hygiene Budget Bill (S 6804-D/A 9804-D) and the Public Protection and General Government Budget Bill (S 6800-D/A 9800-D).

I'm not 100% sure on that though.

Sometimes they go in order. They are going out of over because only a few bills have been agreed upon. So they voted on budget bills that are set in stone. All the others are up in the air right now.

The republicans called a very quick emergency meeting, and said they would return shortly..... hence the reason for the delay. They will be returning.

They are done for the day.

Haha. They're adjourned becuase its 4pm on a friday and they're state employees!

There is no reason for them to be in Albany if there is no agreement. In reality there is nothing they can do at this point..Siver and Bruno know what their majority wants.Each house knows what they want, and the hard part is behind the scenes when the staffs have to figure out how to make it all work, and get the numbers to be right. Give and take from each house. The Assemblymembers are on call for Sunday... which means they might have to be up for a Sunday session if there has been an agreement.

And to reiterate the education budget bill is A.9803B. It can be viewed here & when amended the new version (C or D) will be up: http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?bn=A09803&sh=t Enjoy :)

You can also view all the budget bills here: http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/menuf.cgi

Archived