UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stadium Funding and UAlbany Flagship

uofalbany

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update/NonUpdate on Capitol $$

As asked in another post in another thread, I thought I might also post this here, for those who care:

As for the capital money, I am out today because I am sick, but still have access to the online bill tracking system from my apartment. They haven't seemed to update online yet the new bill numbers or updated the old A9801-9810 bills with the new amended versions that the Senate & Assembly would have to agree on. I do remember seeing a NYT article that said Silver said they were going to begin voting on them today which means they will have to assign bill numbers to the bills, once they do the text of the new budget bills should be online.. but as of right now they aren't.

If people are interested they can view the budget bills here (but right now I think they are still the non-amended ones): http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/menuf.cgi

Update 2:

Apparently the senate and assembly are much farther apart on the budget than the news is reporting. There have been no budget bills printed because in reality there is still no agreements on any of the 10 budget bills. I have confirmed that the bill numbers will be the same, just updated with amended letters, so the education budget bill is A.9803 / S.6803 (currently an "A" version but most likely will become a B, C or D version by the time the budget is finally agreed upon. If I hear anything else I will post it.

Thanks for the updates. Lots of people here are anxiously awaiting word.

Let the government lords be good to the University of Albany!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. I hope the 4 men in a room are good to UA and the Capitol District.

Considering 2 of the four men sitting at the table (Bruno and Tadisco) represent the area, how can they not be? Ha ha, we have a campus in East Green Bush, maybe we need one in Schenectady too. Would that be the west campus? :lol:

If the budget bills currently at http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/menuf.cgi are the versions that actually passed, then we did not get the $$$$.

I can't figure out if they are or not. When I try to search by bill number I get an "invalid bill number" message.

These are not the new versions. The current version is still the "B" version A.9803B & S.6803B they are not "same as" bills (which means at this point they don't have the same language) which is the Assembly's and Senate's old version, as I posted the other day. (The Assembly bill became a "B" version back on March 9th & Senate on March 16th) They have not come to an agreement yet on most of the budget bills, I check multiple times a day, as soon as they update it I will post it on here. They plan on staying in Albany at least until Thursday maybe Friday, so the updated bills might not be up until then.

I don't know if this is new news or if this is already recent public knowledge... but here it is.

I asked Dr.M today....

I'm getting very anxious to know about the budget and the funding for the stadium. Do you have any inside knowledge at this point?

He replied....

We have been told that 30 million dollars was allocated from the State.We are awaiting confirmation. Best regards.

I responded by asking...

May I pass along this information to other interested alumni, or is it best to keep this under wraps until the University releases news?

And he responded...

Please pass along. This is information we received earlier but confirmation is needed. Best regards.

This is certainly encouraging news.....we should know within the next few days for certain. I believe it was D96 who mentioned those $ numbers some time ago, but I could be wrong.

I know the there was talk of trying to get 60 mil....if we got half of that where would the rest of the cash money come from....loans, student fees? I'm cautiously optimistic we'll get something.

What pleases me about this correspondence is:

Dr. M has heard directly from the people in the know ..... and that he confirmed that the 30 million dollar figure is specifically for the stadium.

I'm very pleased to hear that at least 30million is coming down the line from the State...

Hopefully the business sector is going to jump aboard, along with other assistance, and we get close to the 60 million mark.

If this actually comes to pass, at least 30 million will get us a stadium.

anyone know how much money the department made on donation, fundraising etc...for the stadium to along with the stadium money it seems we are getting? $60 million total was the goal for the stadium plan the department wanted correct?

anyone know how much money the department made on donation, fundraising etc...for the stadium to along with the stadium money it seems we are getting? $60 million total was the goal for the stadium plan the department wanted correct?

Huh? I don't understand what you are stating or asking. Can you rephrase that for us dummies?

how much money did the athletic department make in its campaign to help split the bill for the stadium and how much money was needed in total is needed to build the stadium?

Thanks, bud, for the translation. I didn't get it right the first time. I appreciate it.

$30 million will build the stadium. The additional $30 million is for the second phase of development which originally included a new athletic training facility and the stadiums connection to the Cue which included updgrades to the Cue itself.

As soon as confirmation comes from the state on the money I would expect the bulldozers to start rolling. I believe (not founded on anything but a hunch) that the environmental impact study as well as the final design is done for the stadium. I think they are waiting for confirmation about money before they announce it to the public.

Archived