UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stadium Funding and UAlbany Flagship

uofalbany

What section in the Education Bill can we look to in order to see what we're all interested in? I spent about ten minutes browsing through it and didn't see anything that looked like what we want, but I was in a rush when I did it. Can anyone save me some time and direct me to the at-issue provision/section? It would be much appreciated!

Thanks!!

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What section in the Education Bill can we look to in order to see what we're all interested in? I spent about ten minutes browsing through it and didn't see anything that looked like what we want, but I was in a rush when I did it. Can anyone save me some time and direct me to the at-issue provision/section? It would be much appreciated!

Thanks!!

I believe these are possible areas..

page 493: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK STATE OPERATIONS AND AID TO LOCALITIES 2008-09, where line 7 starts for UA

page 537: Albany Campus Revitalization Project

page 543: UA Cap Projects

page 547: Cap Projects

page 572: Total UA Project Schedule

I am unsure exactly where the stadium funding is put in the Assembly bill. It might not exactly say stadium but that the $ goes to the campus, and then the school knows where exactly they have to put it. All I know through GDG and people who work for UA is that "Athletics - $36.5 million" in the Assembly version...from GDG's post #26. We might have to wait from someone from the university to let us know where the money has to go, if it isn't laid out in the new bill, whenever it is amended.

UPDATE

Rumor has it that the budget bills are being printed now, (which means they might be updated online soon) and that the Legislature might vote today or tomorrow on them. Originally they were unsure about when it would be done because of the NYS Congestion Pricing issue that Mayor Bloomberg was holding over their heads. But now that the issue is dead, they are able to focus on the budget w/o congestion pricing. So when we get an amended Education bill I will update. :)

“I would say that with a little luck, we will pass New York State’s budget today."-Gov Paterson 4/8

Sh*t! Looks like UA_MA200 is right. If we get this stadium we really owe it to Canestrani. The article said he's fighting hard for UA.

This is such crap.

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp...wsdate=4/8/2008

Sh*t! Looks like UA_MA200 is right. If we get this stadium we really owe it to Canestrani. This is such crap.

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp...wsdate=4/8/2008

I've said it 100 times but I really don't get why this is so hard? The Capitol District representatives hold the Senate Majority, Senate Minority and Assembly Majority seats. What region has this sort of power position?

With all that representation and nothing? I'm speechless...

if funding for this stadium is not passed, it truly shows that the state is fine with the standard of mediocracy for UAlbany. You can give money to Stony Brook and to Buffalo, but give nothing for a program that produces results with little funding and sub-par facility...pathetic and shame on the state!

I'm signing off for the night but I wanted to let you know that I called Bruno's office directly. The receptionist said she's pass on my comments about the stadium. I asked Bruno to support Canestrani and the entire Capitol District's legislative contingent to make this stadium happen for the Capitol District.

Call, don't email. It takes 5 minutes. He's an important guy and Canestrani and Bruno can make this happen if they want.

Bruno's Albany Office

(518) 455-3191

Bill text is not up yet for the education bill, so I don't know. ( http://www.assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?bn=A09803&sh=t ) And based from my previous posts, it might take someone inside UA to let us know the division of the $ because the bills sometimes don't say exactly where the $ has to be spent.

"The stadium funding is not dead yet for this year. The source said the Assembly still could back the project with money from its capital reserve. The source was told Assembly Majority Leader Ron Canestrari, D-Cohoes, is ``pushing that pretty heavily" ...

You could also try contacting Canestrari's office asking them if they know, as well as voicing your support 518-455-4474

from tonight Times Union article:

Although money for a football stadium at the University at Albany isn't in the plan, funds for a new school of business and a campus center project made the list, Canestrari said.

glad to see the campus center is getting a much needed renovation. However, it is pretty clear and pretty pathetic that UA is on its own in athletics, while the state will help Stony Brook and Buffalo to build and repair stadiums that are less then 10 years also...PATHETIC!!!!!!!

would like to hear from McElroy or UA about this. I pray capital reserve allows us to get something. Not a freaking dime...you couldn't even give $10 million to help. i am really upset.

My say-- All my friends in NY who keep telling me to run for office (this is no joke) may very well get their wish. I am tired of the way NY government is being run. I am tired of pandering, broken promises, and failed gimic based economic principles.

It has become a mirror image of Federal Government, something our predecessor Governors and Assembly/Senate fought so hard to distance our Great State from!

IT HAS BECOME PATHETIC that a FEW INFLUENTIAL PEOPLE (see, Buffalo and Long Island Senators/Assembly members) have dominated. Say what you want about Bruno, but the real cause for concern is the shift in power from the centers of our State (the Capitol and Greater NYC) to the Buffalo and Eastern Long Island areas.

Eastern Long Island does not need economic help; Western, NY has received this help for years but the leadership has failed to build an economic engine in a region that, quite frankly, is more representative of Mid-Western values and goals than it is of the rest of NYS. Western NY and the relationship it has to the rest of the State could be compared to that of Hawaii, Puerto Rico, or Alaska and Continental USA. Just two totally different ways of doing business.

SAD...SAD DAYS.

And this is not localized to my thoughts on the Stadium issue because until leaders come out and say it is OFFICIALLY DEAD...I am not going to freak out.

Hey folks I know we are pissed about the senate giving us the shaft but lets remember a few things.

A. The deal is not dead, the Assembly could still pick up the project.

B. The Senate might be trying to prevent a siena storm. Given the economy right now, and election year I can just see a bunch of lobby groups and professional protestors crying foul about 36.5 million going to a stadium and saying it should go to the typical areas that always need money (insert list here). Also don't the Republicans have a one seat majority in the Senate? Building a stadium for Albany a historically a Democratic area could possible piss off there constituents. Fortunitly we have a strong supporter in the Assembly who is in the majority party. So lets stay positive.

Archived