UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ Kansas

This game will be on ESPNU at 9pm Eastern Time on Tuesday.

I'm hoping to see some life out of Will and Timmy in this one, without them we'll get blown out by 40. They can't play like their last outing. Hopefully they will be aggressive and come to play. If we can keep it within in 20 I think I'd be happy. Of course a win would be better :blush:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today's Sagarin Predictor has KU as only an 11-point favorite (plus 4 for home court). They've got losses to Syracuse, UMass, and Arizona. All their wins have been blowouts except 12 vs. Temple and 19 over Washington. Too bad if we win the RPI won't even call it a quality win (Jayhawks at 111, Albany at 87). Not that I'm counting on it.

I don't know....somehow Will and Tim managed to "work" themselves into Coach Browns dog house. It will be interesting to see if the two of the more talented players on team can lift themselves back into the starting lineup. I suspect the benching in last game was temporary to light some fire under them.

Any NYC area alumni on the board...if so there is a viewing party at the Galway Hooker.

Galway Hooker

36th St. between Fifth and Madison

9pm-11pm

Come watch the men's basketball team take on Kansas at Galway Hooker on 36th St. between Fifth and Madison Avenues.

Meet in the back room on the second floor

It doesn't look like there is any registration..so just show up.

Coach on Sinkoff's show today. Team was bonding at a bowling alley. Said the usual, we're here to win, treating it like another game.

Will Harris is recovered from his stomach bug, and Timmy was bothered because his grandmother just died before the holidays, but ... he thinks Timmy got complacent after the first 8 games, and he told Harris that enough is enough, he's got to be a leader on this team. They know they can be coming off the bench and not starting if things don't shape up.

A couple of stories from the Kansas side:

Rested Jayhawks - Topeka Journal

Jawkhawks searching for Identity - Kansas Sports

I'm guessing since the home loss to UMass that Kansas winning streak is now at Allen Field House. The UMass game was at the Sprint Center.

Giff is going to have to play well against Aldrich. I'm worried about the two quick fouls that guys often get in games like this.

Most of all I'd like to see us play with composure in the first couple of minutes. Something we struggled with against Villanova as we were our own worst enemy. I think a lot of teams get worn down against teams like Kansas. I'd like to think that with as many guys as we play and as good as our bench has been we won't have that problem.

After clinching the NEC regular season title (CCSU, St. Francis, Sacred Heart, Bryant) last week this will be a good challenge for us.

Archived