UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UNH @ Albany

From a different perspective, lucky for the Danes that America East lets all 9 teams into the championship tournament.

A long long season to play, including the conference season, and it all really means nothing. ( a few perks but nothing really )

You can lose all of your conference games and still go to the tourny.

If a team wins a few games, they have the chance of skipping the 1st round.

Funny how things are designed.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I strongly believed that when we were winning the championships and on top of the league, that there should be severe consequences for having a horrible conference record.... not just having to play a play in game. I still believe that All teams don't deserve to get in.

Luckily, as we stumble and trip over our big toes to the finish line this year, we don't have to worry.... we are guaranteed a spot in the tourny.

I smell conference championship coming!

...Today this team looked like it can't wait for the season to end.

I said the very same thing to Ms Orange Dane as the clock wound down today...not sure what the deal is...we can all speculate that its the players, the coaching, injuries, whatever, not sure the speculation is of particular use to any of us other than as a natural vent for frustration....one thing's absolutely certain. however..rather than improving game to game this year's team seems to play poorer as we move deeper into the season...I sure hope that they can get this turned around for all concerned!!

is Will Brown saying anything about this situation?

What's he going to say? I don't think the coach is at all pleased with how his team is playing right now so he has allot of work to do. This team has a head problem and not a talent problem....hope they have a good/strong week of practice. I guess at this point all I can hope for is that they don't give up on him....and he doesn't give up on them.

What's he going to say? I don't think the coach is at all pleased with how his team is playing right now so he has allot of work to do. This team has a head problem and not a talent problem....hope they have a good/strong week of practice. I guess at this point all I can hope for is that they don't give up on him....and he doesn't give up on them.

What's he gonna say? How about telling us what is going on how he's going to solve the problem. These losses are unacceptable. If UAlbany doesn't make it to the ESPN game, then I will consider this season a failure like last season's.

What's he gonna say? How about telling us what is going on how he's going to solve the problem. These losses are unacceptable. If UAlbany doesn't make it to the ESPN game, then I will consider this season a failure like last season's.

I suspect he's holed up somewhere breaking down film trying to figure out what the heck to do from here and where they can improve. They only had 10TO's today, the TO's have been a huge concern all season, in at least this game you can say the new sets he put in for today's game to minimize the TO's have been successful. Didn't lead to a win but you have to start with addressing the biggest problem first. Now....about that painful offense?

So you think that any season in which we don't make the postseason is a failure?

Wow - that is an impossible expectation year in and year out.

So you think that any season in which we don't make the postseason is a failure?

Wow - that is an impossible expectation year in and year out.

Yeh...ouch those are a bit unrealistic expectations, all programs go through cycles. As much as we complain, CB did build two championship caliber teams from nothing.

Is this bigpurplefans.com or bigpurple(fair weather)fans.com?..don't get overly excited in the highs and don't get too down during the lows..when we win 4 or 5 games everyone says we're dominate, when we lose 4 or 5 we might as well pack it in for the season..don't forget, we had a 4 game losing streak in our 2007 NCAA season.

That said, this team has some recent serious offensive issues that need to be addressed..as said, we managed to reign in the turnover problems today, but that didn't help the final score..and when we're having offensive struggles, we can't afford to let teams go off (as UNH did this afternoon from beyond the arc)..there are 3 games left for us to get the best remaining possible seed for the upcoming tournament..hopefully we can head into that home court advantage weekend feeling strong.

Until then, I'm going to be cheering and supporting this team..win or lose!

Post Game Thoughts!

Allot of good info in there.... where is he going on Wednesday?

Could be going to Peekskill to watch Watts' play-off game.

That really wouldn't be a recruiting trip now would it.... he went down a couple of days ago and since Ralph has already signed he can talk about him. Unless of course he is going to see someone else playing in that game.

Archived