UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Next Years OOC Schedule

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
anyone think the SU and UNC games will be televised?

I thought I read somewhere (maybe even on Marks S's blog) a while back that the Cuse game was on ESPNU.

Presumably it would be televised in the evening like 99% of weekday games on workdays are. :rolleyes:

I don't remember reading on UNC yet.

• 2 weeks later...

ooc now official

http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.d...TCLID=204772168

2009-10 University at Albany Men's Basketball Non-Conference Schedule

Date, Day, Opponent, Site

Nov. 10, Tuesday, at Syracuse, Syracuse, N.Y.

Nov. 13, Friday, Morgan State, SEFCU Arena

Nov. 16, Monday, at American, Washington, D.C.

Nov. 20, Friday, 2K Sports Classic, SEFCU Arena

Nov. 21, Saturday, 2K Sports Classic, SEFCU Arena

Nov. 22, Sunday, 2K Sports Classic, SEFCU Arena

Nov. 28, Saturday, at Central Florida, Orlando, Fla.

Nov. 30, Monday, at Florida Atlantic, Boca Raton, Fla.

Dec. 5, Saturday, at Siena, Albany, N.Y.

Dec. 8, Tuesday, at Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pa.

Dec. 12, Saturday, at Central Connecticut State, New Britain, Conn.

Dec. 17, Thursday, at Iona, New Rochelle, N.Y.

Dec. 22, Tuesday, at Loyola (Chicago), Chicago, Ill.

Dec. 30, Wednesday, at North Carolina, Chapel Hill, N.C.

Jan. 3, Sunday, Yale, SEFCU Arena

Good schedule IMO...average RPI from last year of the known opponents is 155. Our team will once again get to go up against some of the best...Syracuse and obviously North Carolina. American, Siena are also good games....as is Robert Morris if the rumor is true.

Good balance IMO between strong teams and then some lesser opponents. No home games for a month though....oh well!

Good schedule IMO...average RPI from last year of the known opponents is 155. Our team will once again get to go up against some of the best...Syracuse and obviously North Carolina. American, Siena are also good games....as is Robert Morris if the rumor is true.

Good balance IMO between strong teams and then some lesser opponents. No home games for a month though....oh well!

Bosiydid

Last years RPI and records may not mean a lot as college teams can change a lot from year to year. But since there are no baseball games to go to tonight (NYCBL done, NYP off day, mets on west coast) I decided to look up the records from last season and the Pomeroy ranking. I said before that RPI is not really a good mathematical formula. It does a better job of measuring a teams opponents than it does of measuring a team. Either Pomeroy or sagarin does a better job of measuring a teams strength so I used Pomeroy.

Anyway the average record of our 09-10 opponents last season was 17-15 overall, 8-7 in their league. Average Pomeroy was 180 out of 344.

The complete ooc schedule for what it is worth

Date, team, league,overall record, league record, pomeroy ranking

Nov. 10 at Syracuse, Big East, 28-10, 11-7, 15

Nov. 13 Morgan State, MEAC, 23-12, 13-3, 148

Nov. 16 at American, Patriot, 24-8, 13-1, 108

11-20-11/22 Alcorn St, SWAC, 6-25, 4-14, 340

Detroit , Horizon, 7-23, 2-16, 279

Robert Morris, NEC, 24-11, 15-3, 118

Nov. 28 at Central Florida, CUSA, 17-14, 7-9, 136

Nov. 30 at Florida Atlantic, Sun Belt, 6-26, 2-16, 284

Dec. 5, at Siena, maac, 27-8, 16-2, 59

Dec. 8, at Pennsylvania, Ivy, 10-18, 6-8, 267

Dec. 12 at Central Connecticut State, NEC, 13-17, 8-10, 285

Dec. 17 at Iona, maac, 12-19, 7-11, 199

Dec. 22 at Loyola (Chicago), Horizon, 14-18, 6-12, 228

Dec. 30 at North Carolina, ACC, 34-4, 13-3, 1

Jan. 3, Yale, Ivy, 13-15, 8-6, 240

edit. I listed the 3 coaches vs. cancer opponents alphabetically not necessarily the order in which they are being played.

Bosiydid

Last years RPI and records may not mean a lot as college teams can change a lot from year to year. But since there are no baseball games to go to tonight (NYCBL done, NYP off day, mets on west coast) I decided to look up the records from last season and the Pomeroy ranking. I said before that RPI is not really a good mathematical formula. It does a better job of measuring a teams opponents than it does of measuring a team. Either Pomeroy or sagarin does a better job of measuring a teams strength so I used Pomeroy.

Anyway the average record of our 09-10 opponents last season was 17-15 overall, 8-7 in their league. Average Pomeroy was 180 out of 344.

The complete ooc schedule for what it is worth

Date, team, league,overall record, league record, pomeroy ranking

Nov. 10 at Syracuse, Big East, 28-10, 11-7, 15

Nov. 13 Morgan State, MEAC, 23-12, 13-3, 148

Nov. 16 at American, Patriot, 24-8, 13-1, 108

11-20-11/22 Alcorn St, SWAC, 6-25, 4-14, 340

Detroit , Horizon, 7-23, 2-16, 279

Robert Morris, NEC, 24-11, 15-3, 118

Nov. 28 at Central Florida, CUSA, 17-14, 7-9, 136

Nov. 30 at Florida Atlantic, Sun Belt, 6-26, 2-16, 284

Dec. 5, at Siena, maac, 27-8, 16-2, 59

Dec. 8, at Pennsylvania, Ivy, 10-18, 6-8, 267

Dec. 12 at Central Connecticut State, NEC, 13-17, 8-10, 285

Dec. 17 at Iona, maac, 12-19, 7-11, 199

Dec. 30 at North Carolina, ACC, 34-4, 13-3, 1

Jan. 3, Yale, Ivy, 13-15, 8-6, 240

edit. I listed the 3 coaches vs. cancer opponents alphabetically not necessarily the order in which they are being played.

Bob....thank you for the info.

I agree with you that RPI from last year is not an accurate indicator of what these teams will do next season. But it does show that allot of these teams have had some success, I believe six of them were in the NCAA's this year, thus are probably solid programs that hopefully will be decent opponents this season.

I like this schedule as it will challenge our team. Before going into the AE slate we'll know what type of team we will have as the will certainly be tested.

While we won't have a home game for about a month....we will have the game at the TUC which most of us will attend.

I'm excited for this season and really starting to jones for UA hoops. Football starting the season in a few weeks should help.

Let's get them in Statesboro!

P.S. I did not include the three CvsC teams in the RPI calculation as I didn't see them confirmed in the release. Anyone else excited about 3 games in 3 days in our barn?

That seems like a nice thing that Coach Brown has done two years in a row. With three players from Chicago and a fourth nearby in Indiana, he's scheduled a road game right before Christmas break in their hometown so they have a short trip home for the holidays. With a bunch of NYC players on the roster last year he scheduled the road game at St. Francis in Brooklyn right before Christmas last year.

No home games in December is a bummer but that CCSU game is a nice road trip. I'm glad we keep playing them. I'll have to keep an eye on South Kent's schedule, maybe I can catch a Danes game and see James Stukes in the same weekend. The other road games that stand out our Syracuse, Penn and Iona.

P.S. I did not include the three CvsC teams in the RPI calculation as I didn't see them confirmed in the release. Anyone else excited about 3 games in 3 days in our barn?

I am going with the teams from a month ago on the Detroit schedule, same dates as on our schedule. Also Robert Morris had something on it before that.

http://www.detroittitans.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=29

Obviously, I am excited about the 3 days and I will be at 6 games in 3 days as each day is a doubleheader.

Also as I mentioned somewhere before, I am hoping to go to Florida the following weekend for the UA 2 games there plus potentially 12 games in Orlando. If I can get enough time off, I will work in a couple of more games on the way back from Florida. I would also like it if the Miami - South Florida football game in Tampa on 11/28 gets scheduled at noon so I can see that before the UA basketball game.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived