UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Does anyone have a hanky they can give Mark?

Link

What I wrote back.....this guy goes out of his way to kick UA down....

Don’t worry, track will start up soon then Mark will forget about UA, just like last year when he couldn’t be bothered to report on commitments etc.

Mark,

The fact that you do this program no favors with what and more importantly how you report isn’t lost on anyone. You have many times gone out of your way to paint this program in a poor light. Why don’t you pass the summer by contacting departed players for dirt again (only to find almost non) or give us a count of how many left? I’m not affiliated with UA so I don’t speak for anyone but myself; in my opinion your act has worn real thin with people over there. I’m not surprised that you are being ignored!

EDIT: Meant to say beat reporter*

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've known about this for quite sometime, and I think I may have even mentioned it to bosiydid through some IMs at one point.

Brown has a problem with Singelais - he doesn't like the articles he's written in the past (up and down play, player turnover, the Raffa situation etc) and thinks Singelais is a thorn in his side. This is nothing new, been going on for almost two years - Brown rarely returns inquiry calls from the T-U and generally ignores requests.

I think your coach needs to go wipe his Siena - he made the bed.

I've known about this for quite sometime, and I think I may have even mentioned it to bosiydid through some IMs at one point.

Brown has a problem with Singelais - he doesn't like the articles he's written in the past (up and down play, player turnover, the Raffa situation etc) and thinks Singelais is a thorn in his side. This is nothing new, been going on for almost two years - Brown rarely returns inquiry calls from the T-U and generally ignores requests.

Watch the language. These Siena fans have no class.

I don't remember you specifically making that point....regardless, at this point I'll place my bets on the horse that got us to two NCAA appearances then a hack from the Times Useless! It is Mark who's made his bed....

The other tack UA could take on favorable journalistic coverage would be to borrow a page from Siena's book. Many Saints fans didn't like the publicity they were receiving in the Schenectady Gazette a few years ago, so they put a lot of pressure on the Siena beat writer to be "relieved" of his position. Maybe that's the "relief" UA fans should seek.

The other tack UA could take on favorable journalistic coverage would be to borrow a page from Siena's book. Many Saints fans didn't like the publicity they were receiving in the Schenectady Gazette a few years ago, so they put a lot of pressure on the Siena beat writer to be "relieved" of his position. Maybe that's the "relief" UA fans should seek.

There might be some pages I'd like to borrow from Siena's book but that isn't one of them. I'm not advocating for anyone to lose their job, especially the ways things are right now.

I've been a fan of Coach Brown since day one but I'd call this one a double technical on both parties. For better or worse, talking to the media is part of his job. Probably not his favorite part, but still a part. I talk to a lot of clients every day that I'd much rather not talk but it comes with the territory.

It goes without saying I don't like the blog entry. It's not likely to improve anything and will probably makes things worse if that's possible . As a fan I'd like as much info as I can get and I think we're the ones who are missing out in this exchange.

To Soup, I generally enjoy reading your posts but if you keep using expressions like the one you used earlier the Soup era will not end well on this board.

Soup...while I agree with you in some respects, Mark did piss Brown off with some major bull$iena...and stuff that is hackish. Honestly...Mark is a TUC muppet. Sad...really sad. Put it this way...I KNOW FOR A FACT HE PISSED OFF FORD WITH AN ARTICLE (two).

You know how hard it is to PISS OFF COACH FORD?

Or this one.... UAlbany athletics second-to-last in America East GPA it's fine that he reported the facts, it is what it is but what....Ualbany 8th in America East GPA not descriptive enough.

He also said the basketball team finished 2nd. Not sure what the big deal is.

There is blame, I assume, on both sides of this. It was funny to me to see the two blog entries today - they were both, for the most part, daggers.

Or this one.... UAlbany athletics second-to-last in America East GPA it's fine that he reported the facts, it is what it is but what....Ualbany 8th in America East GPA not descriptive enough.

There is blame, I assume, on both sides of this. It was funny to me to see the two blog entries today - they were both, for the most part, daggers.

I have met Mark...I have read his articles...and he makes Boston Globe reporters (NUHF knows who I am referring too) look like Pulitzer writers.

I have little respect for Mark...and NONE for the TU.

His daggers will go so far as Lee saying to Coach, "Hey...he is a Stony Brook...but just call him for me...ok."

Soup

The blame falls mostly with Mark S, but also with the TU editors. He has been writing this negative crap for years. He could occasionally write positive articles like the one written by Pete about the possibility of Albany playing a game downtown, but he doesn't. It is the same way that you always see an article immediately when an Albany player gets released from the pros like Barksdale did from the Giants recently, but you have to search long and hard to find an article in the TU when an Albany player signs a professional contract like Gugel did with the Phillies organization recently.

QUOTE(bosiydid @ Jun 24 2009, 10:56 PM)

There is blame, I assume, on both sides of this. It was funny to me to see the two blog entries today - they were both, for the most part, daggers. -soup

That's a good example he could have led in the Title about UA Hoops and then at the end Tag on about overall UA academic achievement but instead he went with the usual negative tone.

Archived