UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Brown interviewing at Dartmouth?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most AEast schools are public schools that don't spend alot on their programs. They are also all hurting budget wise right now.

Despite what they may say publicly, Ivy's don't have that problem. Even despite the losses sustained in the last two years, Dartmouth's endowment is larger than the entire SUNY system's endowments combined.

Beat writer...is beating his.........

No comment.

If Brown is offered 300k plus...he almost has to go. My issue with Dartmouth is their downgrading of sports over the past few years (hot topic here in New England) and the fact their gym, while similar in size to other Ivy's, is awful.

I think Dartmouth is a tough place to win basketball games.

Guy at the top should have been looked at a long time ago. He has mismanaged this program (and has gotten damn lucky to have such respected coaches in about 7 sports (football, volleyball, lax, field hockey, track and field, men's hoop, and softball).

I said it from the get...did the same thing at Sac State and American.

But right now, it is a red-herring because this is more of the financial situation and upgrades being stalled by the State...rather than how McElroy runs the program.

Guy at the top should have been looked at a long time ago. He has mismanaged this program (and has gotten damn lucky to have such respected coaches in about 7 sports (football, volleyball, lax, field hockey, track and field, men's hoop, and softball).

I said it from the get...did the same thing at Sac State and American.

But right now, it is a red-herring because this is more of the financial situation and upgrades being stalled by the State...rather than how McElroy runs the program.

Except he could have easily shifted the focus on funding the upgrades to private sources 5 years ago the first time the improvements got pushed aside.

I really didn't see that coming.

What are people's thought on where Mcelroy should look for a new head coach? Are any of our old Assistants like Eaton or our current Assistants up for being a headcoach for UA? It might help keep recruits if we stick with someone in the UA family.

Archived