UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Brown interviewing at Dartmouth?

I hear Brown is holding out for an annual pass for the Mount Washington Auto Road.

(Just contributing to the confusion.)

:lol::lol:

If anyone's jerking anything around, it very well could be Brown doing it.

If he is committed to UAlbany, then he wouldn't be in the middle of this Dartmouth thing.

I'd imagine he would've put an end to the rumor mill if he wasn't seriously entertaining the idea of bailing. He's still got time on his contract.

From my viewpoint, he's got something quite substantial to prove.

I'd like to see that those two years of success weren't a total fluke...

Since, we've majorly flopped and sit at the bottom of the AE.

Every other team in the AE has shown steady improvement, and UA, not so much.

I question why Vermont stays near the top of the AE year in and year out, and why after our success, we've crumbled into oblivion. Myabe we were just riding the coattails of Jamar, and it had nothing to do with coaching talent.

With each passing day, I agree more and more with this. I think this is going to really hurt Coach Brown's reputation with the fans and even the ones who have defended him the most. If the team does not win this year many more people will turn on him but in the end he brought this upon himself since he is in this process.

as time goes on more will come around to this p.o.v

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hear Brown is holding out for an annual pass for the Mount Washington Auto Road.

(Just contributing to the confusion.)

:lol::lol:

If anyone's jerking anything around, it very well could be Brown doing it.

If he is committed to UAlbany, then he wouldn't be in the middle of this Dartmouth thing.

I'd imagine he would've put an end to the rumor mill if he wasn't seriously entertaining the idea of bailing. He's still got time on his contract.

From my viewpoint, he's got something quite substantial to prove.

I'd like to see that those two years of success weren't a total fluke...

Since, we've majorly flopped and sit at the bottom of the AE.

Every other team in the AE has shown steady improvement, and UA, not so much.

I question why Vermont stays near the top of the AE year in and year out, and why after our success, we've crumbled into oblivion. Myabe we were just riding the coattails of Jamar, and it had nothing to do with coaching talent.

With each passing day, I agree more and more with this. I think this is going to really hurt Coach Brown's reputation with the fans and even the ones who have defended him the most. If the team does not win this year many more people will turn on him but in the end he brought this upon himself since he is in this process.

as time goes on more will come around to this p.o.v

I suspect this will sort itself all out next season...either more will jump off the bandwagon or people are gonna try like hell to get back on. There is a lot of intrigue for me next season...which way is this thing gonna go.

Brown forced a pay raise after the two AE championships, by flirting with St. Bonaventure.

He had zero intention of going there. He used them and manipulated our university for his advantage.

Regardless, the university stepped up and offered a generous contract extension. There are two

more years remaining on that contract. He has done nothing since forcing the extension.

I think he should stop the rumors by officially removing himself from the Dartmouth talk.

At the same time, he should publicly state his continued committment to UAlbany.

And for two years, he should go out and prove that he's worth several hundred thousand dollars annually, and that his previous limited success wasn't the FLUKE I had mentioned earlier. And if we don't have the success at that point, we say goodbye to Brown.

Either he proves he knows how to get back on top, or that he should be looking for a job as an assistant again.

Bottom line: I don't like people screwing around with this university. Honor your committment Brown, as the university has honored you by the contract, and by not firing you.

This whole Dartmouth affair is starting to stink of tampering, McElroy should tell Dartmouth to siena or get off the pot or (and I seriously doubt it) if Brown is the one playing games (and like I say I doubt it because those type of games are serious suicide) he should be publicly reprimanded/warned/disciplined. Our basketball program is at a turning point and I personally hope WB comes back and proves all the nay-sayers wrong. But in any case this whole thing is a major distraction and someone from UA needs to get this resolved TODAY; so we can move forward with the program.

Does this sound like Brown is waiting for an offer... or waiting for something from Dartmouth?

If so, it might qualify as 'jerking around' the University of Albany.

"It still wasn’t clear whether Brown had received a formal offer; Brown told a source he expected Dartmouth to “make up their minds” on Thursday."

http://blog.timesunion.com/collegesports/report-brown-no-longer-in-dartmouth-mix/8103/

Mark S. confirms it in the latest TU blog entry.

Well we know now that we have a coach who is not good enough to coach dismal Dartmouth program. They do not even want him.

Seems like he is saying he withdrew his name to make it look like he didn't want the job. I would say he probably was never offered the job and said he withdrew to save face. He must feel pretty pathetic that he couldn't get the job.

I believe what he did these past couple of weeks was a slap in the face to Albany. Tell me how he wasn't jerking us around.

Many people have been trying to figure out if he was offered and didn't take it or if he wasn't chosen at all.

It looks like he withdrew his name from consideration according to Fox News.

"UAlbany's Will Brown withdraws from Dartmouth coach search consideration" - http://www.fox23news.com/s/qdllENL31EGO6Q4CafJhBg.cspx

Well we know now that we have a coach who is not good enough to coach dismal Dartmouth program. They do not even want him.

Seems like he is saying he withdrew his name to make it look like he didn't want the job. I would say he probably was never offered the job and said he withdrew to save face. He must feel pretty pathetic that he couldn't get the job.

I believe what he did these past couple of weeks was a slap in the face to Albany. Tell me how he wasn't jerking us around.

CB did what any one of us would do. When approached about a job, he listened. I guess I can't speak for anyone else on this board, but throughout the 6 years in my life that I have been working, I have been approached multiple times about different opportunities, and I have gone on interviews even though I already had a job that I was more than happy to be at. It's human nature to want to see what else is out there. I'm not defending CB specifically. I'm saying anyone of us would do the same thing if we were put in those shoes, that's all. Let's put all of this behind us and go back to focusing on how we're going to make 2010-2011 better than 2009-2010

CB did what any one of us would do. When approached about a job, he listened. I guess I can't speak for anyone else on this board, but throughout the 6 years in my life that I have been working, I have been approached multiple times about different opportunities, and I have gone on interviews even though I already had a job that I was more than happy to be at. It's human nature to want to see what else is out there. I'm not defending CB specifically. I'm saying anyone of us would do the same thing if we were put in those shoes, that's all. Let's put all of this behind us and go back to focusing on how we're going to make 2010-2011 better than 2009-2010

+1

I love my job. I talk to representatives of prospective employers (headhunters) almost everyday.

+1

I love my job. I talk to representatives of prospective employers (headhunters) almost everyday.

Great post Rock(ed) and completely agree. I find it odd that some people think that he is throwing the program under the bus by interviewing. Anyways, lets get on with the next season. (As long as the Pitt position doesn't start sneaking up into the conversation again)

I understand the interviewing while employed aspect, but....

You can only do that so many times. I've done it to my benefit. But if I did it again my employer would not be happy at all.

It's different when you have a contract.

I would never look at a job that is paying 30%+- less than where I am at and for an institution that does not have the upside of my current position. I know 6 years at $170, beats 2 years at $250, but that's just stupid. He doesn't have faith enough to think he could get a job at $130 three years from now? I have no contract, can be fired tomorrow and wouldn't even think about that kind of pay cut (even if guaranteed).

I smell desparation or uncomfort w/ current position.

Archived