UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe we should wait until we know it won't be a blowout loss before suggesting more coverage; OTOH any news is good news.

Got a response back from Hank Domin

Basically he thinks the TU's coverage of UA football is appropriate and says there will UA football stories tomorrow and Sunday.

He also brought up that the TU covers 61 high school football teams, high school soccer,etc as if all the other areas in the country that DO cover their local college football teams appropriately don't have high schools to cover also.

Obviously, I disagreed with him and like others I won't be purchasing the TU if the coverage continues to be poor.

See its responses like that that make me laugh. How many of those 61 high school football teams does Mark Singleas cover?

That's the fundamental problem with the TU. They think because they have a guy that writes about football that they've sufficiently covered all football. Its a joke.

A typical TU brushoff.

Doubling or tripling the sports staff would be wise.

It would also be wise to double or triple the size of the sports section,

in the paper and online.

Maybe having a writer or two covering ONLY high school sports, and handfulls covering

the college programs. Imagine, one or two writers covering 25 different sports,

from college to pee wee football to girls junior high lacrosse.

Brilliant. That's the way to pump up the capital district!

I'm so confused. Did SFA score immediately? I tuned in and they were kicking off just a couple minutes after 7pm. We came down and scored and I thought it was 7-0 UA. But I guess it was 8-7 SFA. Then I put my daughter to bed and came back down 10 mins later and it's 15-7??? Can someone recap the scoring? And where is Andrew Smith????? Is there somewhere that has live stats?

SFA ran the kickoff back for a TD. Bingers went for two....why? Then we answered with a beautiful drive. Then they drove and scored...then our special teams sucked it with a blocked punt and gave SFA the ball on our 18...they scored.

NO SIGN OF SMITH.....

Great...from what I can tell, Andrew Stevens is limping...Kyle O'Keefe is out (big loss), as I saw him standing on the sideline with a boot. And no sign of Smith.

This...is where going to full-rides can help a little. Those are three very important starters.

Archived