UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Singleais a football fan? Why in the heck would the main sports writer NOT

want to get behind the biggest NCAA football program in the region (and I don't

consider syracuse or UMass in the region)? If I were a big college football fan,

and the main college sports writer for the only Albany newspaper, I'd be ALL over

the program, giving it as much publicity as possible. Afterall, the bigger the NCAA

football program the better, for a college football fan / a local resident / and

the main college sports writer.

Why the constant slander and continuous insult?

Domin whole heartedly supports Mark's efforts....

if you care to comment.

Hank Domin - Sports Editor

518-454-5334

hdomin@TimesUnion.com

What an a** he is... "UAlbany has been smart enough to make Saint Francis the homecoming opponent in the Red Flash's last four trips to Albany, a sure way to send the fans home happy." Might be true but so typical of our favorite sports writer for our favorite news paper.

People still read the newspaper?

This was the first game I haven't watched this season. Any insight from the people at the game on Di Lella and Leathley? Andrew Smith/Romaine? I see Misekis had 70 yards rushing. Thoughts? I read the articles and I know it was a blowout but how'd they really look.

We did try one sweep (might have been an end-around). The runner carried the ball in his right arm on a sweep left :angry2: , and lost about 8 yards.

Everybody looked good, but SFUPA was so far outclassed it was hard to tell what it really meant. DiLella did hit some receivers downfield, maybe they were just more open than previous weeks. Leathley looked good avoiding the rush and also hit some receivers. Not sure but I think DiLella's arm is noticeably stronger. Kirchner's hands (and other receivers too) continue to impress.

I've liked Misekis when I've seen him this year. Great to see him get the carries on Saturday. It's tough to get time out there with Smith and Romaine playing well and getting 15-20 carries. I'm not sure what the situation is with Tramaine Wilson but it's going to be tough for him to get time when he comes back although the coaching staff sounded really high on him earlier this year.

I can see now why you guys like Buddy L. He looks like he's in an different gear out there. I agree with UAlum72 about Di Lella's arm, he blasted some passes in. It's hard to argue with 16-20 and he had a nice tackle on John Lullen in the endzone after his his touchdown in the first quarter.

I've liked Misekis when I've seen him this year. Great to see him get the carries on Saturday. It's tough to get time out there with Smith and Romaine playing well and getting 15-20 carries. I'm not sure what the situation is with Tramaine Wilson but it's going to be tough for him to get time when he comes back although the coaching staff sounded really high on him earlier this year.

I can see now why you guys like Buddy L. He looks like he's in an different gear out there. I agree with UAlum72 about Di Lella's arm, he blasted some passes in. It's hard to argue with 16-20 and he had a nice tackle on John Lullen in the endzone after his his touchdown in the first quarter.

Dan D . had a good game regardless of the competition and he does have a strong arm . The defense controlled the game from the start so cudo's to them . It's great to see our running game spread around to several guy's that are all productive! I think we saw a glimpes of what Buddy can do he is faster than i thought , not sure his arm is much different than Dan the touchdowm throw was a bullet ! It's nice to know that we have some depth at alot of positions and most of them are young so the next two or three years should be fun ! The next two games are our season so let's hope we have some momentum going in

All due respect to Andrew--since he does a great job with Albany--his inclusion of the following seriously cause me to question his grasp of the FCS:

Southern Illinois (17)

Elon (20)

New Hampshire (19)

Richmond (22)

Northern Iowa (23)

Only UNH, if that...and it is a stretch deserves inclusion in the Top 25. And the fact that he points to TSN Poll as a comparison is comical; it is the most villified poll out there. An 0-4 Delaware State team was "ORV", other's receiving votes until they lost this week to go 0-5. Knowledgeable fans have been ripping ths $iena out of the TSN to make their poll public because of the insanity that exists this year with the votes.

His inclusion of Colgate and Richmond in the Lambert Poll is meh at best; Colgate hasn't done dick....and Richmond is down to their punter as a QB.

Highlights from the St. Franics game.

If you haven't seen the two QBs and wonder what FMdane and I have been talking about, take a look at the passing highlights and you'll see what we mean. its of course a microcsm but it proves the point I think.

Archived