UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stadium: Architecture, Engineering, and Design AWARDED!

Figure 500-700k for temp stands...500k for scoreboard.

Yeah...it fits in.

Again, I would have to read the contract...but generally, and if written CORRECTLY, the documents should allow for a change order to increase capacity without executive approval if the bids came in under budget.

If someone can get me a copy of the docs...I can flip through them and pick out the key construction items such as C/O, VE, etc.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$16M is the lowest bid.

Does that leave 2M for the scoreboard and tyemporary stands? Also, if the bid comes in lower than expected would the university have the flexibility to update their plans and ask for the berm to be changed to seats?... or to add more seats? How fixed is the current design, contract wise?

http://www.bizjournals.com/albany/morning_call/2012/02/Baltimore-firm-low-bid-UAlbany-sports.html

Wait, I'm confused...if the winning bid for all of the work lets say turns out to be 16mil and they budgeted 24mil does that mean changes can be made? How does this work? Seems like many of the bids are pretty low considering what they budgeted.

It depends on how the contract is written...it is all in the legal mumbo jumbo (this is what keeps me employed..."reading b/w the contract docs."

Change orders could come in a variety of aspects.

BTW...this company, I would pick in a second if everything is equal. They build quality...and they built the Athletics Village at RPI. We use them to subcontract installation work for our mid-Atlantic sites (my parking division...not my fare collections division). They are precise...and GOOD!!!

So if that bid is what i think it is....that means we get the stadium (sans scoreboard and temp bleachers), track and rec field for $16m. That's way less than the $24m budget, even considering cost for 2,000 visitors side bleachers and the video board.

EDIT: Sorry posted before I read the above posts.

$16M is the lowest bid.

Does that leave 2M for the scoreboard and tyemporary stands? Also, if the bid comes in lower than expected would the university have the flexibility to update their plans and ask for the berm to be changed to seats?... or to add more seats? How fixed is the current design, contract wise?

http://www.bizjournals.com/albany/morning_call/2012/02/Baltimore-firm-low-bid-UAlbany-sports.html

This firm is very capable. Built Ravens Stadium and also RPI's new complex. Interesting

http://www.whiting-turner.com/projects/sports.html

BTW, and people may laugh. But I like our design better than SBU and UB (been to both). They look like concrete pre-casts. This looks more "Stadium like". Our press tower does it for me the most.

Agreed. It really grew on me. Had I never seen the original $60MM design and video I would have liked the updated version right from the start. It's unique and fits in well with the rest of the campus. I'm really excited to see this thing when it's built.

$16M is the lowest bid.

This firm is very capable. Built Ravens Stadium and also RPI's new complex. Interesting

http://www.whiting-turner.com/projects/sports.html

Yeah...they look like they've done this a time or two...very exciting. LOL...what's the holdup..sign them up and lets start early so we can open the season.

So if that bid is what i think it is....that means we get the stadium (sans scoreboard and temp bleachers), track and rec field for $16m. That's way less than the $24m budget, even considering cost for 2,000 visitors side bleachers and the video board.

I step back online and this board is lit up. Good stuff.

15.96 million for the lowest bid.... and we have 18 or 24 million for the project?

If we have extra after the scoreboard & temp bleachers, do we apply it to the project now?

Archived