UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stadium: Architecture, Engineering, and Design AWARDED!

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I encourage everyone to go to that post on the main UAlbany site and register your support for this project. Don't let the few haters dictate the discourse.

I agree. I left a few comments in support. The good news is that it looks like a done deal. The haters lose.... I don't care how much they compain.

"An enhanced football and soccer facility able to accommodate NCAA Division I competitions

with capacity for 4,000 permanent seats, 2,000 berm seats

and nearly 2,000 temporary bleacher-style seats"

4k seat on the homeside?

That's below the lowest estimate we had heard, right?

Yes. The numbers have been all over the board. I've heard from 4k to 8k and everything in between. I think the confusion comes from what is being counted. After reading every article I think it breaks down as follows:

4k Permanent

2k Temporary

2k Berm Seating (Grass)

8k Total

So what number is cited depends on which components are included. I do agree the permanent were discussed as closer to 5k or 6k but that could just be more confusion.

So, how do you feel we'll stack up against these faciities..

Thanks to previous posts, we have some numbers to compare.

UA

628x471.jpg

Augustana - Approx 4k homeside

109_059_2010.jpg

Cortland - ? homeside

2590870133_1ff5753855.jpg

RPI - ? homeside

ECAV%208.jpg

SBU - Approx 4500-5k homeside

lavalle+stadium+QF.jpg

CCSU - Approx 2k visitors side

010np.jpg

what I like about our plan is that the press box/suites run the entire length of the permanent seating, rather than as a small section in the middle like what is shown in all of the other stadiums above. I think ours will look like a more impressive structure than it actually is. I think they did a great job with it.

I'm actually surprised that there are as many positive supporters that aren't from this board as there are. I see students posting positively.

Tere are always going to be people who are anti athletics. Max did a grea job exposing the agenda of some posters. You can never change that and I wouldn't waste any time on it.

I do like the extended press box.

I would prefer extending the upper deck the full length of the field,

going in front of the towers. I can live with whatever is built.

Homeside2.jpg

628x471.jpg

Looking at the design, I do think that if we ever got to the size of a capacity (24k) stadium, the upper deck COULD be extended all the way around based on the fact that it attaches to the Press Box and not into the press box (two separate concepts).

Think Stanford.

IMG_5463.JPG

sp_stanford2.jpg

I'm actually surprised that there are as many positive supporters that aren't from this board as there are. I see students posting positively.

Tere are always going to be people who are anti athletics. Max did a grea job exposing the agenda of some posters. You can never change that and I wouldn't waste any time on it.

Yah...lot's of support...amazing!

So, how do you feel we'll stack up against these faciities..

Thanks to previous posts, we have some numbers to compare.

UA

628x471.jpg

Augustana - 4200 Seatshomeside

109_059_2010.jpg

Cortland - 5000 seats homeside

2590870133_1ff5753855.jpg

RPI - 3500 homeside

ECAV%208.jpg

SBU - 4400 homeside

lavalle+stadium+QF.jpg

Bold are exact figures (courtesy of phone calls and the web).

We are basically getting Augustana/SBU mix. Augustana in full.

Archived