UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

vs. George Mason 11/22

MRSGDG

14-56

That's...your game stat. 25% shooting from the field.

Game...set...match.

Not many games we are shooting 25%. You get 3-5 more fg's...which is typically a bad game...and you are talking about an 8-12 pt advantage to GMU. We'd probably all be upset, but ok with an 8 pt loss to this team.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely not ok with it...but it's one game...and they shot like $iena. So...I dont hold much water to losing to a team by 20 when we shoot less than 25%, especially when that team returns virtually it's entire Sweet 16 squad.

It's called balancing emotion. I was more pissed with the Brown win....than this loss.

WEIRD game. 16 FG, 13 offensive rebounds, 12 Metcalf rebounds, 13 turnovers, 12 FTM, 18 fouls.

Plenty of bad..but the good:

- 6pts, 12 rbs from Metcalf

- nearly at least as many free throws made as the opponents took (12 vs. 14)

- 80% from the free throw line

- a respectable-ish 13 TOs (had 7 halfway through the first half)

- a competitive 33-28 second half

- 10pts from Suero in the second half

Now go and take it out on beatable Navy and Fairleigh Dickison teams on Friday and Sunday.

whats considered an up win?????

top 100 rpi?

top 50 rpi?

I would think top 100 or any named opponent.

I guess I would have to ask if our conference-mates are going and winning games like that?

I didn't expect to win this game but I thought we would play better. Bad shots and bad decisions, especially in the first half. Maybe things were too easy last night and we thought they would be that way again. Nice game for Metcalf who was playing against guys who were a lot quicker.

top 100 rpi?

top 50 rpi?

I guess I would have to ask if our conference-mates are going and winning games like that?

I didn't expect to win this game but I thought we would play better. Bad shots and bad decisions, especially in the first half. Maybe things were too easy last night and we thought they would be that way again. Nice game for Metcalf who was playing against guys who were a lot quicker.

Honestly, I didn't expect to win either...I did expect to be competitive, were were not that today. I'm sure people will disagree with that but we lost by 20, that to me is not very competitive.

top 100 rpi?

top 50 rpi?

im dissapointed... thought they had the talent to keep it close. at least under 10. hopefully it was just a bad night.

Bear with me here...

Positives:

1) Metcalf played well enough to spell some minutes from Puk.

2) They play two twenty minute halves, and not four twelve minute quarters, so the margin of loss was more respectable.

3) The radio feed didn't work, so I didn't have to suffer through the indignation of an uninspired loss.

4) I saved $8.95 by hedging my bets and not buying the video, realizing that it would not be money well spent.

5) No new injuries.

I guess my cynicism is expected by now (and the whole "up game" conversation didn't help), but it doesn't help with:

-The economy in the crapper.

-An athletic's administration that keeps jerking us around.

-Another lackluster performance against a mid-major team (albeit a recent Sweet 16 participant.)

I guess we should be happy for football and volleyball, but:

Football is a thirteen point underdog to a school that should be its peer.

Volleyball will get to get smacked around by a national power, and be one and done.

Maybe being a low major is just wearing on me. Time to implement another 24 hour moratorium on posting after bad losses. Still, tomorrow won't change the fact that we are the only people that find UAlbany significant on the national stage.

Archived