UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

vs. George Mason 11/22

MRSGDG

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess we should be happy for football and volleyball, but:

Football is a thirteen point underdog to a school that should be its peer.

Volleyball will get to get smacked around by a national power, and be one and done.

Maybe being a low major is just wearing on me. Time to implement another 24 hour moratorium on posting after bad losses. Still, tomorrow won't change the fact that we are the only people that find UAlbany significant on the national stage.

Funny..a lot of that is the reason why I enjoy rooting for UA. I think to do the opposite it pretty close to the definition of a bandwagon fan. Makes the special seasons that much more special.

George Mason must be considered upper mid major... and they do have talent.

You'd hope it was a little less than a 20 pt gap, especially considering our outing against Syracuse.

We'd normally get buried by 45 playing the orange... only 24 this time.

But that said, we do have a few injuries, it was a long road game, the 2nd in a row....

and the season is just beginning and the team is trying to find its identity.

Seemed as though the boys couldn't hit the side of the barn for most of the game... an off night.

We'll see if off nights are the norm, or if its rare.

Who knows but its too early to know.

navy and fdu should be winnable games. if they are not 4-3 come next monday i will be disappointed. boh games are at home too. a olid performance tonight could have possibly brought a few more people to this weekends games although a holiday weekend

Agreed

Just saw the official stats. Suero with 8 of the team's 13 turnovers..wow. For those that watcheed the video..was it mostly due to good defense from GMU..poor/forced play by Suero..or an equal amount of both?

They played him to drive and he forced a lot. Made a couple of spins moves by his man to turn into two or three other guys. Also went up in the lane a couple times with no where to go.

Seemed like a bunch of the TOs were during that early Mason run and combined with Logan taking threes a few feet back from the line were killers. I like the aggressiveness but we need to find balance somewhere.

Thanks. Agreed re: Logan. I get that shooters have to shoot in order to get out of slumps..but putting up 8 threes in a game when you're missing so much takes a lot of shots out of others' hands. It look him 8 three point shots and 7 two point shots to score 13 points tonight (he scored another 2 from the FT line). Though it's tough because he's so streaky..if he hits just two more of those three pointers then he ends up with 21 points.

Some of the same could be said for Mike tonight (2-14..0-4 from three), but he's traditionally less-streaky than Logan.

This performance still pains me but this morning I'm looking for a silver lining...If memory server, 5 minutes to go in the game it was I believe a 10 or 11 point game with Mike Black missing a wide open layup that would have cut it to single digits.

As bad as we played last night and couldn't hit a shot to save our life, can't believe it was still that close without two rotation guys. Unfortunately the wheels came off after that...OK, time to move on.

Funny..a lot of that is the reason why I enjoy rooting for UA. I think to do the opposite it pretty close to the definition of a bandwagon fan. Makes the special seasons that much more special.

I woke up today ready to buy my ticket for the Stony Brook bus (even though I am not looking forward to eight hours on a bus.)

I love the sense of community here; I just wish the administrators would be as outwardly passionate on a similar level. What UAlbany has accomplished in ten years has been amazing; I am just always eager to watch the next step.

Thanks. Agreed re: Logan. I get that shooters have to shoot in order to get out of slumps..but putting up 8 threes in a game when you're missing so much takes a lot of shots out of others' hands. It look him 8 three point shots and 7 two point shots to score 13 points tonight (he scored another 2 from the FT line). Though it's tough because he's so streaky..if he hits just two more of those three pointers then he ends up with 21 points.

Some of the same could be said for Mike tonight (2-14..0-4 from three), but he's traditionally less-streaky than Logan.

Normally, whenever Logan has an off-game, my 1st thought is we need more Mike Black. But against GMU, black was equally (or more) ineffective. Similar to last year, we need Suero, Black and Logan to each be taking about 10 shots or so to have a balanced attack -- and against GMU it was very balanced.. but everyone was equally off.

Some more thoughts over atUnrankedAE

Vermont beats ODU at ODU...that's the kind of GREAT win I'm talking about when I say stepping up in class. Hey, we did beat Utah that on year last decade.

utah was not an up win. although we took the money from them. still waiting to beat that bcs team.

Archived