UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA Men's Lacrosse 2012

Upon reflection, I believe the article was commenting how many different am.east teams have made the tournament (4 @ the time of the article {early last year}, now 5 with Hartford going in 2011) and 3 UA, SB and UMBC getting beyond the first round at some year. But as I said the article was over a year ago and perhaps I am not remembering it correctly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone cares. The lacrosse team blew a five goal fourth period lead and lost in OT to umbc 17-16. umbc scored the last six goals of the game including the winner in OT. Marr in the tu on friday said we are the best team in the league. It looks like he is wrong again. We will be a decided underdog to lcc @ home on Tuesday.

If anyone cares. The lacrosse team blew a five goal fourth period lead and lost in OT to umbc 17-16. umbc scored the last six goals of the game including the winner in OT. Marr in the tu on friday said we are the best team in the league. It looks like he is wrong again. We will be a decided underdog to lcc @ home on Tuesday.

From what I can figure out, if we beat brook next saturday we will host a first round am east game; and if bingo could upset umbc at Vestal, we would be inline for two am east home playoffs. If we lose to brook, we travel no matter what. Can anyone confirm this or correct me if wrong?

I just got home from the game(as well as the 2 baseball games last night) . For the most part The LAX team looked better than when I saw them earlier in the season. Although they still played some as individuals on offense, for the most part they played as a team and looked far better. The major weakness and major strength of UMBC was in face-offs. I didn't look at the stats, but UMBC won every faceoff after they were down by 4 in the 4th qtr . We barely had possession if at all until after it was tied. We also won the faceoff to start OT, but had a poor possession there(that was 1 time they looked like individuals rather than a team)

IMHO, if they hold their own on face-offs, they are good enough to beat LCC but we are not good enough to blow them out and we are not good enough to beat them if we give them a lot of extra possessions.

Edited by bob87

I just got home from the game(as well as the 2 baseball games last night) . For the most part The LAX team looked better than when I saw them earlier in the season. Although they still played some as individuals on offense, for the most part they played as a team and looked far better. The major weakness and major strength of UMBC was in face-offs. I didn't look at the stats, but UMBC won every faceoff after they were down by 4 in the 4th qtr . We barely had possession if at all until after it was tied. We also won the faceoff to start OT, but had a poor possession there(that was 1 time they looked like individuals rather than a team)

IMHO, if they hold their own on face-offs, they are good enough to beat LCC but we are not good enough to blow them out and we are not good enough to beat them if we give them a lot of extra possessions.

Come on Bob..... Didn't you have fun at the baseball games. It's not everyday that you get to watch your Danes scores 24 runs in a double header sweep. I would have thought that would have merited at least a short comment!

quote name='GreatDane87' date='22 April 2012 - 05:40 PM' timestamp='1335134422' post='61423']

Come on Bob..... Didn't you have fun at the baseball games. It's not everyday that you get to watch your Danes scores 24 runs in a double header sweep. I would have thought that would have merited at least a short comment!

quote name='GreatDane87' date='22 April 2012 - 05:40 PM' timestamp='1335134422' post='61423']

I was going to start a new thread for baseball, but did not. Not everyday you see someone(Mike Tirri) hit 2 HR's and drive in 12 runs.

From what I can figure out, if we beat brook next saturday we will host a first round am east game; and if bingo could upset umbc at Vestal, we would be inline for two am east home playoffs. If we lose to brook, we travel no matter what. Can anyone confirm this or correct me if wrong?

It apears you are correct.

Current standings

UMBC 3-1

SB 3-1

UA 3-1

Hartford 2-2

UVM 1-3

Bingo 0-4

Remaining games

SB @ UA

UMBC @ bingo

UVM @ Hartford

Obviously a UA win makes them 4-1, SB at 3-2; so no worse than second. If UMBC also wins they would be 4-1 and would win the tiebreaker.

A UA lose would mean no better than 3rd. That would put SB at 4-1 and UMBC would win any tiebreaker with us even if they lost to Bingo. They win head to head straight up with us. If Hartford won and UMBC lost and all were 3-2, UMBC beat both Hartford and UA to get the tiebreaker. We would be 3rd and Hartford 4th.

Edited by bob87

and those were rockets off the back of Big Country......thanks or being there....without you we would have never been able to keep up with the statistics of the day!

I was going to start a new thread for baseball, but did not. Not everyday you see someone(Mike Tirri) hit 2 HR's and drive in 12 runs.