UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

vs. Rider (Bracketbuster)

MRSGDG

This game is really more useless then usual with a badly beaten up roster.

At first I thought this was a no win game. I mean you play a lowly maac team at home, you win "yawn that was expected". You lose "the sky is falling"

Now with the beaten up roster, I am trying to be positive. A good showing and then getting back some injured players will hopefully give the team positive momentum that they really need for Hartford.

Another chance to see us play a home is never a bad thing although it's weird to have this as our final home game.

In some respects you could look at this game as a positive for guys who are getting called into action that might not play a ton otherwise - Iati, Gibson, Rowley, Watts. I figure a guy like Iati who hasn't played a ton of minutes this year can benefit from another 30 minutes of live action, at least that's the way I'm trying to look at it.

I'm hoping we can have G back by the tourney but I'm not optimistic about Logan or Devlin. If that pans out we might be playing Iati, Black, Suero, Blake and Guerrier.

In all my years of watching UAlbany basketball, I can never remember being as unenthused for a home game as I am for tomorrow.

I know where you are coming from.

I share RPI season hockey tickets with someone (1/2 games each)who generally takes the RPI games when Albany was playing. Tomorrow I had the RPI game as he is away for the weekend. With BB being time to be determined, I was originally hoping I would be able to see both games. Then when they announced the time of BB, I got rid of the RPI tickets as I automatically do if there is a conflict.

With this game, after I got rid of the RPI I actually thought why did I do that.

Still trying to stay positive on this game, but it is difficult with injuries and a lowly maac team as the opponent.

According to Santillo the Danes will only suit up 7 people tonight. Iati, Black, Guerrier, Metcalf, Puk, Gibson, Rowley.

Watts has hamstring injury.

Suero told him he wouldn't play - prob his shingles.

Devlin has the knee/back injury.

Logan has his knee injury.

What an effort...what a coaching job.

It's a win already in my mind. Thoroughly outplayed Rider.

That last Rowley foul hurts...last physical player we have on the bench.

I actually just clapped for this team and staff in my house, at the end of the half.

Archived