UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't plan on reading it...Next time they write a good story about the direction of UA will be a first in a long time.

I guess it depends on who writes it though.

This was a good article by Iorizzo

http://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/Iorizzo-Beautiful-feeling-at-new-stadium-4815743.php

But the much bigger takeaway from the first game at Bob Ford Field is this: There's no longer a college football desert between West Point and Syracuse, not as long as the Great Danes can fill their stadium 11,000 strong, like they did in a home opener that lived up to hype decades in the making.

Not a whole lot of substance in that article.

Looked like just an excuse to rationalize Siena spending money.

I find it hard to rationalize $20m for an upgraded practice facility when we spent about than that on an 8,500 state of the art seat stadium.

But, hey - more power to them if they can get it done.

Not a whole lot of substance in that article.

Looked like just an excuse to rationalize Siena spending money.

I find it hard to rationalize $20m for an upgraded practice facility when we spent about than that on an 8,500 state of the art seat stadium.

But, hey - more power to them if they can get it done.

That is why they included "academic support section for all of Siena's athletes" in the fluff piece. :lol:

Really smart move to have a bobble head day and military appreciation day. It'll cost a few bucks but if you want to expand the stadium we need to show high attendance numbers. Folks love giveaways and special events. A few grand in bobble heads could push up our attendance numbers and get us millions needed to expand.

Big thumbs up!

http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209291507&DB_OEM_ID=15800

Really smart move to have a bobble head day and military appreciation day. It'll cost a few bucks but if you want to expand the stadium we need to show high attendance numbers. Folks love giveaways and special events. A few grand in bobble heads could push up our attendance numbers and get us millions needed to expand.

Big thumbs up!

http://www.ualbanysp...DB_OEM_ID=15800

KFFRZLYIJWQWCSR.20131025172816.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It took UAlbany, a university center in the largest state university in the country, a decade plus to build an $18M "stadium"...

This Texas high school may build a $70M stadium.

http://www.cbsnews.c...ters-to-decide/

Am I crazy but shouldn't it be the high school with a $18M stadium and the large state university with a $70M stadium? I'm not sure who's crazier, the liberal anti-athletics New Yorkers or the conservative pro-athletics Texans but a sense of balance was lost on both sides. I'm certainly feeling a mix of jealousy, envy and confusion after reading this story.

Edited by SoCal_Dane

Its all about priorities.

The State of NY does not hold college football a priority. Texas does. Knowing a lot of family and friends that have attended high school in Texas, a lot of them would say that they would take our education system over a $70m stadium. Again, all about priorities.

Also, don't forget that stadiums in Texas are regional. 7 schools share this one.

Edited by danefan